How does this forum compare?

Steve

Out of all the forums you guys visit, how would you say this one compares? Forget the skins and graphics, how is it for functionality and useful features? Do you think it's too complex? Which forums are better than this as far as the actual setup and usage are concerned? For me, it's about right, but I love complexity and techy shit. Just wondering what you guys think.

compared to the other forums i go on, this is about the best.

no swear filters is good for a start.

i had a warning on a vw forum for using that fat excited kid as my av one time. it wasnt "appropriate"

It's good, just right for me.

BUt it could be because I'm used to the features now, after being here for so long. Saying that though, there's a whole heap of feature I don't use at all. But I get by.

i find it one of the best..none of those fancy grpahics that take ages to load etc and its much easier to find past threads than other places i visit

to be honest. i started out on the stanton forums. but you started DV around the same time they pulled the plug on stanton. then i went over to DJforums, which is aiight. but its mostly a bunch of newbies. you can only answer so many "which decks to buy?" questions. and im tired of tech vs. <enter random turntable here> flame threads. i come here, the site loads up imediately. the threads are more fun. and the members audio threads are wack free.

Guest Deeswift

The forum is pretty dope, but some of the clutter could be reduced, I'm sure, with a little modification to the skins. Not that I'm about to do that, but the layout could be better. As it is, it works just fine though. If it seems complex to anyone else, you probably don't spend enough time here to get used to the layout and features of the board, simple as that. I know that in the past, 2Tall commented that the board is too complex. What I'm gonna ask, is how do you operate a recording studio, yet you can't post on a message board with clearly labeled icons saying "post new thread", "edit", "submit", etc? Besides, it's not just DV, it's IPB v2 that you're talking about, so once you're used to DV, you're used to millions of other boards too.

To be honest, I go to other forums and think they look and feel crap. The most important thing is the vibe, and most forums I go to are lacking in good vibes!

To be honest, I go to other forums and think they look and feel crap. The most important thing is the vibe, and most forums I go to are lacking in good vibes!

maaaad on point! this forum doesnt stir up a buncha beefing nonsense. its definitely one of the most informative and helpful dj forums. also the most interactive. it be tight if there was a chat room instead of chat box. just my opinion. the chat box is still dope tho

Whilst forums such as Skratch Alienz and UKHH.com don't take themselves seriously, this still has a fun vibe and focuses a lot more scratching and production. It's also more work safe than Skratch Alienx too lol!

werd this place is really worksafe, apart from the odd slip its dope, i can waste time at work knowing that im just looking at scratch geekery and not worrying about the safeness of the next thread etc...

*cue muchos postings of gratuitous boobies*