How does this forum compare?

Steve

Guest Deeswift

Not enough is done to keep them alive, maybe. I dunno ... it's like asis and Dave's board are add-ons to their respective sites. DV is a message board and a message board only, not an extra feature to make a "main" site more interesting. This is the difference. We may not be as big (yet) as some other boards, but you can guarantee this place will remain well moderated, try to keep people interested, cover more ground than just scratching/turntablism, as well as just keeping this place nice for us to kick it with likeminded people on the daily. We give a shit about the quality of the board.

By the way, one of the ways we intend to keep things fresh is by hosting regular battles. The plan so far is to do 3 battles per year (one every 4 months), and probably with a different theme each time, so the next one should be the end-of-year battle in December. Following on, it'll be April 2006, then the annual battle in August (our second "official" birthday, but closer to our 3rd "real" birthday), and again, the end-of-year battle in December 2006. I think the winner of those December battles should get a custom member title, as well as the usual prize/s. We're peretty serious about this, even though we want it to remain fun and entertaining, so we're gonna have a look into getting some real prizes from sponsors, maybe use a panel of credible judges rather than polls, because they can be fiddled with.

We noticed that the battle generated a lot of interest, so it's a good idea to keep on from here and establish a permanent battle section. With this first battle, we recieved lots of new members, post numbers were up higher than ever, and the whole thing created a good vibe around here, which is the whole point. :d

I love DV, it feels better than other forums I've been at, really helpful, fun, no beef, good downloads...I visit this forum way more often than the other ones I'm on...in fact, I keep it open all day along with myspace and just keep refreshing lol

i think its dope, (sorry dee, i mean, great)

personally for me i look at about 30% of it, but that doesnt mean other people dont use the other 70%!

beyond that, there's no elitism where everywhere else there is, the ooo am i being cool vibe, think carefully about what you type, edit and then type, there's a mixture of old and new hands, guys who are sick on the cut and those who are just starting...those who are starting having nothing but support, love, easter eggs at easter and the finest milk around.

damn it, im about to cry.

no. im just pissed.

but yeah, a bit complex for me, but im simple, and its dope, i mean great.

what the fuck is this? where's jessica? i just paid 20 bucks and all i get is a black fucking screen?

this forum is overly fussy design wise and its very annoying - sorry but thats a fact.

You've said that before but you've never said how you would improve it. If there are features and buttons here that nobody use then we can easily remove them. There's also the lo-fi version of the site if you just wanna read threads in the simplest format possible: -

http://digitalvertigo.co.uk/lofiversion/index.php