chirp patterns/scratch patterns

tekniq

is it possible to have chirp chirp patterns at all???? like time/tempo patterns??? my problem is i got the main scratch down, but i keep doing the same fucking patterns over and over like a mental block or some shit.....any ideas would be helpfull....ps. im drunk so dont mind my HORRBBLE english......1

Fuck knows how people chirp that fast Ed. The ones at around 30 seconds are ridiculous! I just can't seem to do fast chirps although I can alternate how they sound pretty well.

yeah its wierd innit...

i cant see how "lefties" do it, to be honest....

the reason that i can do that....is cos i have my whole set up geared up to being able to (physically...and mechanically i suppose)

i have my right hand on the record...but have the deck "normal" way....and put my hand at the top.....ie - 12 o clock, rather than 9 o clock....

so my hand goes left to right...rather than up down.

with that in my mind....

the record is pulling the wax that way naturally...it sorta pulls ya hand into the position where youre able to naturally chipr that fast in that position....

that said...ive been able to do them for ages, but never really had the control to bust them like that until recently....

so i suppose.....it really is just all practice!

i should record some other shit up other than this sorta stuff - as i always do.

ill try and get round to recording a video...then youll be able to see the whole joe 90 style ©...

pz

Fuck knows how people chirp that fast Ed. The ones at around 30 seconds are ridiculous! I just can't seem to do fast chirps although I can alternate how they sound pretty well.

i find if my hand goes into a spaz and its half control able then i have a chance of getting some crazy fast ones goin

Ed, a video would be cool man. I find that if I try and go beyond a certain speed, my arms become tense and all control is lost and it sounds a mess.

yeah....i get ya...its important to be relaxed with all your moves...

you can hear that in ya cuts, without doubt.

i guess thats the balance with these sorts of "speed" techniques....exact and precise...yet controlled and relaxed all at the same time...

i would suggest that if your arm tenses too far and loses control, it is not the most effective way to perform it...

its strange when i see people cut sometimes, cos i can see how they could make shit easier for themselves with no other consideration than moving the body into a certain position to distribue their weight more evenly, or angling an arm here or there to allow for 'physics' etc.....its easy to be objective when u can see from the outside tho....so....fuck it........whatever!!!!! :)

hehehe

*goes back to beer*

Hehehe. I've got beer, but I've not touched one in 2 months now.

About the chirping, do you do all your scratching with your hand at 12 o'clock? If I did find chirps easier with my hand there, I'd find it hard swapping between that and my regular position.

Hehehe. I've got beer, but I've not touched one in 2 months now.

About the chirping, do you do all your scratching with your hand at 12 o'clock? If I did find chirps easier with my hand there, I'd find it hard swapping between that and my regular position.

2months?!?! fuccen ell! good man.....props.

umm...most...i can do all my stuff at 12, and soemtimes do....sometimes "normal"....just depends really!

i like to switch it up, cos it variates the sounds you get, even within the same technique..

Guest Mike Reezy

This made me think of a file I heard of QBert doing the most ridiculous fast chirps I have ever heard... if you heard this file before, then you know which one im talkin about.

I dont remember it exactly... but I dont think it was anything on tape cd or wax, like it was an internet file or something.....

I sware he might have even been talking about fast chirps and then busted them.... my gut instinct was the battlesounds.com website, but no luck...

ANYBODY?

The fastest chirps I've ever heard was QBert cutting up the "It's" part from "It's Time" off the Hashim record. Is that what you're talking about? If it is, I dunno where the file came from, but it was a video.

Guest Mike Reezy
The fastest chirps I've ever heard was QBert cutting up the "It's" part from "It's Time" off the Hashim record. Is that what you're talking about? If it is, I dunno where the file came from, but it was a video.

it could have been a video, not sure, I remeber the audio only tho...

like so fucking fast like at least 2- 3 times (or more) faster than the chirps @ 32 seconds on mr. eds file.....

I remember hearing it and going "oh my god, will I ever be able to do that?"

Guest Mike Reezy

I *think one other thing I remember was that he did them in ascending pitch, he started off slow and then worked his way up to lightspeed.

word man, i just peeped them chirps, fucking spot on m8. i been practicing chirps for almost 2 years....first fader cut i started with, i got em pretty fast, but nothing like that.....i just started fuxin wif my flares, and i know its WAY easier to get them on different timing patterns that it is a chirp.