chirp patterns/scratch patterns

tekniq

chilling with the radio on last week, and this noise caught my attention - had never heard it before - sounded kinda spaceaged. it went like this 'frreerrrffrrreerrrffrreessshhh'. crazy, i know - but does any one know what this sound was made with, 'cos it sounded, well, fresh. maybe some kinda synth was used or something - i dunno, but man, if i could find out how to make that sound, why, i reckon i could make other sounds just like it, and maybe some unlike it - yknow?

i have my right hand on the record...but have the deck "normal" way....and put my hand at the top.....ie - 12 o clock, rather than 9 o clock....

Lol.... I've gotta confess, after seeing you do this, I did try to bite it. I'd done a lot of things like this before, I'd just not really applied it to chirps for speed.

Mixed success. Didn't really fit my style. You seemed to do it right on the edge of the record, too? I find it a little easier at 6'oclock, with a slight pull on the record towards my body, which tensions the record against the spindle and reduces skippage (a major issue for me, I'm cuttin on shitty second hand 505's at the mo).

We never did link again. I've practiced quite a bit since then... when I get my car back on the road I'll give you a shout.

wow, i found out what made that wierd sound - get this, it was a turntable!! can you believe it? this guy was moving a record back and forth - making this wicked sound. i think it is called scratching, or something. has any1 else ever done this, or seen it done, i would love to learn.....

You can also do normal pace, double time and 1 1/2 time chirps.

1 1/2 time anything is where its at!!!! i love that timing.

Do yall know what rhythym trplets are? I notice that alot of patterns end up being triplets rather than half time or double time. Now double time triplets!, thats a whole new ball game.

To do triplets you do a 3 count on top of a 4/4 pattern.

Chirpflares and 2clickers kinda will naturally fall into a triplet.

chilling with the radio on last week, and this noise caught my attention - had never heard it before - sounded kinda spaceaged.  it went like this 'frreerrrffrrreerrrffrreessshhh'.  crazy, i know - but does any one know what this sound was made with, 'cos it sounded, well, fresh.  maybe some kinda synth was used or something - i dunno, but man, if i could find out how to make that sound, why, i reckon i could make other sounds just like it, and maybe some unlike it - yknow?

Derive has been putting drags in the middle of his releases. Its sounds ill. Good concept too.

Like Freee EEEEEEEEE ssh Freee EEEEEEEEE ssh

Makes three sounds.

I can do any and every scratch ever created! I made up this scratch game. Shit I patented turntables and records since they were victors. I got rights yo. Every time you do a pattern I get paid. Dont forgot about "crunk." I own that too. Say it I get paid, Dont forget about the crunk juice and soon to come Chirp Juice, Crab Juice, Prism Juice, 2 Clicker Juice, and dont forget Drag Juice! Holla! Wiggywiggy

i have my right hand on the record...but have the deck "normal" way....and put my hand at the top.....ie - 12 o clock, rather than 9 o clock....

Lol.... I've gotta confess, after seeing you do this, I did try to bite it. I'd done a lot of things like this before, I'd just not really applied it to chirps for speed.

Mixed success. Didn't really fit my style. You seemed to do it right on the edge of the record, too? I find it a little easier at 6'oclock, with a slight pull on the record towards my body, which tensions the record against the spindle and reduces skippage (a major issue for me, I'm cuttin on shitty second hand 505's at the mo).

We never did link again. I've practiced quite a bit since then... when I get my car back on the road I'll give you a shout.

cool....

and yo - DONT BITE MY JOE 90 SHIT!!! thats trademark, nicca!

haha pz

You can also do normal pace, double time and 1 1/2 time chirps.

1 1/2 time anything is where its at!!!! i love that timing.

1 1/2 timing?

dont know how to explain it.. i just couldnt get double time flares one day and suddenly POW BITCH ive got 1 1/2 time flare orbits.

same goes with chirps. triplets, 3 chirps per beat in 4/4 time (someone help me with explaining that one pls???) . its my natural lazy style that got me doing it.