"Friction" New Turntablist night in London

DareDevil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone there is a new turnatblism night starting in a club called Clockwork in Angel its called Friction and its run by me and my friend DjPush there is a hiphop night running downstairs in the bar area of the club and upstairs is a proper club room (looks like tableturns off the first video) where there will be showcases from well known djs and up and coming tablists its a monthly event happening on the 3rd thursday of every month its free to get in and djs are showcasing for free the whole point of the night is to have a monthly venue for uk tablists to gather like a forum but also to advance the awarness and standard of uk scratch djing in all its forms from loop station stuff to just straight up cutting over electro etc...

There isnt a night like this at the moment so show your support and come on down!! the first night has showcases from Me Matman 2tall Push Clockwork(either this one or month2!) and more to be confirmed-

If you would like to showcase at the event please send me an mp3 of your showcase it dosent matter how long but we want tight shit!!! DjDaredevil@hotmail.com Like i said this is a free event and is all about getting people exposure the events will be filmed and a dvd will be made every cuple of months like a news letter and you guys can also advertise any products u may want to sell we will do interviews of people showcasing at the event etc and the headliners will get a cut of any money made on dvds - Finaly there will be an open deck Q+A section near the end of the night so if u havent got a showcase but wana show off your cutz youl get the chance Hope you all can make it any questions email me aiiiighhh errr peace!

Check the flier......

post-2-1120656706.jpg

post-2-1120656721.jpg

Yo Yo i've sent ya personal mess....

check it and holla bak

Pz

AAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggg.

Fuck Fuck. First proper turntable night in ages for me to go to and I have to DJ in a bastard bar in the west end. Gutted.

The guy who normally covers is away.

DD. what is the date of the next one so I can book it off ready now.

Bump too.

adam - can't you do a bunk? i want to go but have no turntable 'mates' that will go with me

Josh, Seriously mate it's fucking gutting. I would love to but can't bunk. It's my regular Thursday and they also own my regular Saturday bar so if I piss them off I'll end up skint with no gigs. Fucking bastard. Everyone I know is going too. I'll deffo be at the next one though.

I'll buzz you though mate. It's been a while.

I ain't gonna be able to travel all the way from wales to make this one, if I a stick a few heckels on CD can someone take them up and play them for me though?

yo kper is that the same kper i met at eb?

it depends... was that a lady? if so it aint me... im the guy who presents the new Turntable Radio shows mate...

i've been meaning to talk to you about this night since jim told me, but not had a chance...

i'll try to come down anyway and we can chat...

Phew! Finally managed to find some info on this shindig on t'internet. Just read about it in Undercover and thought I'd give it a quick google - thank fuck I did coz it's tomoz!!

Big up to everyone who's organised this, good to see that there's finally a night like this kicking off. I'll be there with or without bells on.

Peace.