SCRATCH TO FAST ELECTRO BEATS

jsong56

who here cuts to fast warplex/flare style beats more than the slower type beats?

do u find that scratching fast to the point where u can barely catch up to the beat is a good thing?

good for speed and training and learning to scratch better to slow beats?

do u think scratching to fast electro (over 90bpms) can help u cut to slower beats or make it hard for you??

what ya'll think?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift
who here cuts to fast warplex/flare style beats more than the slower type beats?

do u find that scratching fast to the point where u can barely catch up to the beat is a good thing?

good for speed and training and learning to scratch better to slow beats?

do u think scratching to fast electro (over 90bpms) can help u cut to slower beats or make it hard for you??

what ya'll think?

I used to cut to fast beats constantly for a few years, and my conclusion is that it's a great way to really push yourself. It's also good to apply those techniques you build up on fast beats to slow beats -- you can do exactly the same thing on a 130 bpm beat that you can do at half that tempo, 65 bpm. I guess that's obvious, but basically practicing at supersonic speeds will make you way better on slow beats too.

As for the tempo being slightly beyond your abilities to keep up, definately a good thing. Stick with it and you'll find you're comfortable at that pace, then able to put it up a notch higher.

EDIT: I dunno what Apostle is on about!? :s Did someone post a file?

Guest Deeswift

Over 90bpm is considered fast? How times have changed.

That's what I call a slow-medium tempo! For me, fast is over 130 bpm.

Why don't peeps make more beats that switch up from like 70 to 140 and back? You know like they do in Rock tunes sometimes go half speed for the chorus and then it speeds up all mental again for the verse?

That'd be ill as furk.

pz

Agreed, but people don't seem to do much of this kind of thing in hip hop. In rock, jazz, fusion, metal, you have a lot of time signature and tempo changes. Probably 99% of hip hop beats plod along at the same pace throughout the whole track.