SCRATCH TO FAST ELECTRO BEATS

jsong56

i guess that 90bpms aint that fast to cut to, i wasnt quite sure exactly what 90 bpms sounded like. i think anything over 110 is considered fast. 90-110 being medium to fast. anything over 150 bpms being just nuts.

the beat on hill billy breaks is fucking dope!!!!!!

also the skipless electro loop on std breaks!!!!!!

two of the best older electro breaks, o yeh cant 4get the old piklz hijak beat...der der dem dom der der dom dom! blah blah blah lol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift

90 bpm is like the average hip hop kinda tempo. The "piklz" Hijack beat (it's Airwave Hijack) is around 116 bpm, as far as I can remember. I might be wrong on that though.

ryan, i totally agree, i was in a huge comfort zone scratching to slow beats. i was wandering why i wasnt progressing and it was because of this.

scratching is getting challenging again all cuz of the faster beats ive been using!

(more challenging i should say)

Personally I was worrying that if I scratch too much to faster beats (Im talkin Drum n Bass and sped up breakbeats) then I wouldnt be able to stay in a nice slow time signature without feeling the need to go mental n speed up again.

But,at the end of it all I guess the key is to keep it varied.

Ya Dig?

Guest Deeswift

Aw man, Airwave Hijack is SLOOOOW once you get used to beats that are harder to cut to. Do some warmups on the electro beat sides of Gag Ball breaks, or Shampoo breaks, or on any 130+ bpm beat, then go back to the Hijack.

Drum n bass beats are a bit of a cop out. If people didn't just half-time everything I'd be more impressed.

Some cool combos but you need to ride the beat  more. better than the last one that I have heard.

I swear I was listening to a scratch freestyle. Maybe it was all in my head.

I think i was doible time speed on top of a half time beat which actually in the end just cancelled itself out before you guys got to the thread. I find scratching slowwer harder than faster sometimes!

Fast or slow, its about the funk!