POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

i dont really mess wit counterweight, it works fine to me. oh steve i got my ttx's like in september, where were you? hahah.. i actually LOVE LOVE LOVE them but the one on the right has motor problems, sometimes it just shuts off but using them to mix is fine. i only use my left one to scratch that one is perfect. thanks i try to keep it clean.

i dont really mess wit counterweight, it works fine to me. oh steve i got my ttx's like in september, where were you? hahah.. i actually LOVE LOVE LOVE them but the one on the right has motor problems, sometimes it just shuts off but using them to mix is fine. i only use my left one to scratch that one is perfect.  thanks i try to keep it clean.

i had the same problem. when it shuts off does does the display falsh round the outside? if so it has a platter sensor fault. it just needs a dab of soldering and it will work fine.

with mine it just powered off, then with a gentle press down on the platter it would start again. as time went on though it would be harder to get going again. it sounds like the platter sensor though that may be faulty. it will turn the power off to the motor when it thinks the platter has been removed. it should be a 2 minute job to get fixed with someone who knows what they are doing.

Before you go to an electrician with your TTX. Unscrew the pitch slider and speed buttons and let them hang out of the table - then see if you have the same problem. Sometimes if not put back in just right the buttons wil stick and this could be the cause of your problems. It's worth checking out.

peace

c.c.