Shure discontinues ALL carts and styli :(

Anyone had any more experience of or news on these Jico ones?

With just 2 worn Shures to spread between my 5 decks and no spares, plus a gig in a couple of weeks I just ordered a pair of the MkII Scratch ones from Ortofon. Once I've worn them in and had a proper chance to test them, I'll report back of course.

Anyone had any more experience of or news on these Jico ones?

With just 2 worn Shures to spread between my 5 decks and no spares, plus a gig in a couple of weeks I just ordered a pair of the MkII Scratch ones from Ortofon. Once I've worn them in and had a proper chance to test them, I'll report back of course.

I know a guy who says the Jicos are great (and this is somebody who is OG) but he's pretty much exclusively using DVS, so sound quality isn't really an issue. My main concern about them would be for use on real records.

Oh that makes it sound like there is some hope. I did worry they might wobble as my previous experience of aftermarket Shure needles was just that, iffy cantilevers. Although they were cheap ones and that was back in the day of overweighted 1200s.

Hopefully someone in the UK will distribute the Jicos to save an international faff.

Shit man, Ive seen plenty of Gs around. And whats that old one thats kinda like the 7 but with more record wear? Anyways seen those. Seen quite a few white labels too.

I think you're referring to the M44C's (blue styli). Those things actually track better than M44-7's, at least the "improved" version with a flip-down stylus guard. Never noticed increased record wear from them. More neutral sounding than M44-7's, too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get the bulk pricing details on the Jicos, they have a European distributor and said all European deals ned to go through them.

http://www.tonar.eu/index.php?lang=en&action=home

I have contacted them, but they seem to have Jico rebrands and don't even redistribute the N44-7.

Still waiting some updates, but it doesn't look like it is going to be possible for anybody to stock these in bulk in Europe right now, possible that they already have a deal with others and we may be able to pick them up soon anyway ?

That music123 website is totally fucked for me too. If I try and do a search, when I hit enter I just get a page of HTML code: -

mSYssq3.jpg

Also, once I've visited the site once, so it's placed a cookie on my machine, when I try and visit it again I just get a totally grey page with a tiny JPEG in the middle of the screen that says "verified buyer" on it: -

https://i.imgur.com/PjI7nPA.jpg

I then can't do anything until I clear my browser cache, then I can access the site again, but the search still doesn't work.

I disabled my browser add-ons, so it's not down to me using uBlock Origin or anything like that.

Received an email from them this morning:

"Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately one or more of the items you ordered will take a little longer to get to you. The item(s) below have been placed on backorder and we will ship them to you as soon as we receive them. We sincerely appreciate your patience."

Yeah a lot of suppliers are saying two to three months, the more honest ones are saying "We have ordered more but they aren't likely to ever arrive"

I'm done with it now i think, im gonna test the Jicos (European distributor saying bulk prices start at 1000, stupid pricks) and probably just switch entirely to Ortofons.

• Like 1

I just ordered 8x N44-7's from https://www.rubadub.co.uk/ They have more in stock, but I don't know the quantity..

http://www.mcqentltd.co.uk/ has exactly 8x N44-7's in stock.

I refuse to pay £30.31 to send 4 stylus by royal mail, fuck you mcqentld hahahaha

Nailed 4 from RubaDub :)