Shure discontinues ALL carts and styli :(

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I bought 4 needles today in panic, but i need more. Can't we crew together and buy a job lot from a suppler? Ive turned into a worse needle fiend than a skag head :o

Oh shit and some cunt had already put up a pack of 8 on ebay for lik 795$!!!! What a cunt that cunt is!

• Like 1

zzounds is price gouging! Up to $79 for one styli! Fucking dicks!

I was able to get 4 from guitar center...their login is on some dumbass shit. Can't afford to buy more.

• Like 1

I was literally jus posting the same vid Jo jus posted :)

Mojaxx doesn't talk shit, if it gets his seal of approval then there fit for purpose.

Sadly theres no UK suppliers at the mo, only Japan or US, by the time you ship them to uk they work out as similar price to a proper shure.

Im hoping Ritchie might jump on them at TTW

• Like 2

Guest broke

I found out yesterday and put out the feelers for a 12-pack but I'm not sure I'll be able to get one. It didn't take long for eBay sellers etc to put the prices up... Fuckers.

It makes no sense for Shure to do this. Vinyl sales are at a level not seen since the early 90s.

I was literally jus posting the same vid Jo jus posted :)

Mojaxx doesn't talk shit, if it gets his seal of approval then there fit for purpose.

Sadly theres no UK suppliers at the mo, only Japan or US, by the time you ship them to uk they work out as similar price to a proper shure.

Im hoping Ritchie might jump on them at TTW

Hmm... I've (accidentally) bought an n447 alternative before and wasn't impressed. I'll probably end up trying them at some point... the review from Mojaxx definitely has swayed me in favour of the JICO.

• Like 2

plus technics came back, so don't worry.

i'm gonna wait for a silvery version of the m447 thats $320

*remember those 4 packs for about $30 on amazon. glory days

• Like 2

Guest rasteri

I was tempted to buy a shitload of needles, but knowing me I'll lose my carts and then they'll be useless anyway. Probably just gonna switch to ortofon sooner rather than later, since it's gonna have to happen anyway.

IMO this is a sadder day than when the 1200 was discontinued.

• Like 2

What's a good alternative these days? I remember trying the Ortofon Scratch carts years ago and they were shite - skipping a lot. They were the old pink ones though, not the MK2 version. Are the Qbert ones any good?

It's hard to trust these other brands, cos even though scratch artists have put their name to them for advertising purposes, you always see them using Shures in videos, lol.

Boom, I just copped fou4 on Guitar Center too, gonna pick 'em up tomorrow. Trying to conserve cash right now, but damn, can't be caught with my pants down and no needles.

Did you get them? I just received and email saying my fucking order is on backorder. Fuckign guitar center.

Steve - the Ortofon QBerts were as close as any manufacturer got to the 44-7. They seem to take forever to bed in (over month in my case) and stop wobbling, but once they get there you've got maybe 80-90% of the low wear and skip resistance of a 44-7. The sound quality is a bit better though, but only a little bit.

• Like 2

On May 2, 2018, at 10:22 AM, Professor B. Fessed wrote:

Thanks Paul. Glad Sweetwater had these. Shure discontinued its phono line and a lot of us "turntablists" have been using these m447 carts and needles for over 20 years.

Paul Allen
Reply|
Today, 10:24 AM
You
Yep you literally got the last of ours!!! :)

BTW, I'd recommend everyone email and/or phone shure to let them know what a mistake this is.

Make sure they realise we don't care if the fucking whitelabel goes, all we care about is the 44-7 haha :)

http://www.shure.com/americas/about-shure/contact-us

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for contacting Shure!

For over 92 years, quality has remained at the forefront of our business. We take pride in our longstanding history of delivering only the highest quality products to the market, putting our products through the most rigorous processes, tests and standards. Given today’s resurgence and love for vinyl, we are seeing more demand for our phono cartridges than ever before. However, this demand exceeds what our stringent processes can handle and we refuse to compromise quality. With this, we’ve made the unfortunate decision to end our production of phono cartridges.

We want to exceed our customers’ expectations for all products and do not believe we can live up to that expectation for phono cartridges, which is why we’ve made the tough decision to end our support of this product line.

Shure does not intend to abandon DJs like yourself. DJs are valued customers and we hope that you will still consider using other high quality Shure products such as our microphone and headphone products. We understand that this is a big change, but hope that you can understand this was a decision not made lightly, and made in order to allow us to only be able to deliver the highest quality products to our customers.

Sincerely,

Sam Bicak

Shure Customer Service

Given today’s resurgence and love for vinyl, we are seeing more demand for our phono cartridges than ever before. However, this demand exceeds what our stringent processes can handle and we refuse to compromise quality.

Huh? I don't understand that at all.

• Like 1