Shure discontinues ALL carts and styli :(

-

last weekend I recorded all my records to compact disc so I can sidestep this desperate madness with some dignity :)

Meh.

If you were a real G you'd stick em on Mini Disc ..

While you are actually joking, Im in the process of recording all my vinyl to 24/96 on to a NAS.

That goes for you too, mister.. :p

Actually a real G sticks em on DCC (Look it up LOL)

Hehe, DCC.

That format was a pretty harsh lesson for the tech titans and it shows how you can get nearly everything right, and yet still fail so badly.

Dj Andy Smith on FB hasn't had a good experience with the Jicos, he posted that they weren't very skip resistant :(

I am wondering if he has the glow in the darks or the whites ?

Just out of interest the Jico website is utterly shit, the glow in the darks are actually a slightly different design to the whites (According to the european supplier) so it could be possible he got the wrong ones ?

Notable in Europe the glow in the darks are N44-7 DJ vs the whites just being N44-7.

The european outlet for Jico is a complete and total cock nozzle

https://www.pickupnaalden.com/english/turntable_needles.asp?M=Shure_N-44-7-DJ__7004

There you go £55 for a single Jico, that is exactly twice the cost of buying direct from Jico, after postage and import duties from Japan.

Add to this the fact that Jico/Tonar/Pickupnaalden are all complete and total pricks about anybody else selling them in Europe, these are a complete no go, they will never be in the shops and ordering direct from Jico is hit n miss apparently :(

I've been using the cheap $12 eBay N44-7 for the past few months and honestly they track pretty decently.

I am using them with Serato but I'll play the occasional vinyl record and they still sound alright. The biggest thing I noticed is their output is pretty low compared to a real N44-7 and it's a bit bulkier but I got the pair for $24 shipped so I can't really complain.

I do admit, buying a pair of JICO styli would be better.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...