I just bought...

5 hours ago, iexist said:

I just bought a Pioneer EFX-500 for 100.

I only have a Vestax PDX and a Pro 06. Trying to add some effects layers to my rare intermittent cut sessions.

Is it possible to get post fader fx with my setup?

Currently have my turntable going into Channel 2 and my phone (beats) is going into channel 1.
I would like to just have effects on Channel 2.

Crazy how much you forget when you leave the scene/decks for bit.

This isn't exactly what you want but maybe worth a try since the 06 doesn't have send is to hook the TT you scratch with into the 500 then the 500 into that channel of the 06. Wouldn't be post fader fx but it would limit it to the scratches and not everything coming out of the mixer. 

Bought a 2nd hand Phase set from the internet this week, one of the transmitters had a faulty battery unfortunately.

But i'm surprised by the quick response by Phase, within an hour they got back to me.

It means i can ship it without expences and the transmitter will be repaired free of charge, so far so good!!

On the other hand, another package has been missing for over a month and the postal service just keeps ignoring my questions. Its an LFO floating somewhere outthere:)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, djdiggla said:

This isn't exactly what you want but maybe worth a try since the 06 doesn't have send is to hook the TT you scratch with into the 500 then the 500 into that channel of the 06. Wouldn't be post fader fx but it would limit it to the scratches and not everything coming out of the mixer. 

Thanks Dirk. I originally tried this and couldn't stomach what was happening. I immediately hit the forums afterwards.

Fortunately I still have a Yamaha 8 channel that is going to allow me to do what I want to do. I'm pretty excited now and glad I didn't impulse buy something that wasn't going to work and would be a pain to resell!

• 1 month later...

Technically i didnt buy it, but the wife bought me it for my birthday

Ibanez RG-550 Genesis in Desert Yellow, upgraded with Steve Vai's DiMarzio Evo Pickups.

RoHGGxE.jpg

And bought myself a Yamaha THR10ii Wireless Amp, and a wireless receiver.

Its slick.

...expect to see me in the Shredding thread in a year.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, savwar said:

Technically i didnt buy it, but the wife bought me it for my birthday

Ibanez RG-550 Genesis in Desert Yellow, upgraded with Steve Vai's DiMarzio Evo Pickups.

RoHGGxE.jpg

And bought myself a Yamaha THR10ii Wireless Amp, and a wireless receiver.

Its slick.

...expect to see me in the Shredding thread in a year.

All you've got to do is learn to play 'Passion And Warfare' note for note in its entirety before we let you back on the forum now Sav ..all solos included of course lol and we need some videos of you pulling guitar shredding faces too!..:)

A cousin of mine still owns an original Ibanez Jem from the 1980s..its an amazing guitar and it plays really nicely but they've never really been my thing,I prefer stuff like old Jazzmasters,Mustangs etc.. and 6 &12 stringed acoustics, which are all I play nowadays. 

There was a full hollow body semi acoustic Ibanez brought out a few years ago I almost pulled the trigger on though,it was from the Artcore series and a fucking beautiful instrument, always regret not taking the plunge on that one in particular. The Joe Pass and George Benson signature models are dope too,both of those are seriously good guitars .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfsop said:

It's also mandatory to wear these while playing that guitar:

reebok-insta-pump-fury-ultraknit-og.jpg

And simultaneously pulling faces like this.... 

zguWOQF.jpg

Jesus .. Susan Boyle is looking rough as fuck these days though hahahaha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/11/2021 at 8:37 AM, cutdisco said:

the color👍

Yeah i wanted something unashamedly Shred-slutty.

22 hours ago, danswift said:

All you've got to do is learn to play 'Passion And Warfare' note for note in its entirety before we let you back on the forum now Sav ..all solos included of course lol and we need some videos of you pulling guitar shredding faces too!..:)

A cousin of mine still owns an original Ibanez Jem from the 1980s..its an amazing guitar and it plays really nicely but they've never really been my thing,I prefer stuff like old Jazzmasters,Mustangs etc.. and 6 &12 stringed acoustics, which are all I play nowadays. 

This is a reissue of the original 1987 RG-550.  Oh it's always been my thing.

I was quite a competent guitarist in my teens, did classical guitar too, but apart from strumming a few chords occasionally when there's a guitar in someones house I haven't played at all in 22 years. It seems amazing how bad I've gotten, but it shouldn't be, that is a long time.

I'm trying to realistically put together a proper deliberate practice plan to get some type of competence back..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, savwar said:

This is a reissue of the original 1987 RG-550.  Oh it's always been my thing.

I was quite a competent guitarist in my teens, did classical guitar too, but apart from strumming a few chords occasionally when there's a guitar in someones house I haven't played at all in 22 years. It seems amazing how bad I've gotten, but it shouldn't be, that is a long time.

I'm trying to realistically put together a proper deliberate practice plan to get some type of competence back..

Wow.. 22 years.. 

I didnt pick up the guitar again for around 5 years or so after 2010..i stopped playing music altogether after Dee passed away as I just couldn't face it at the time. We'd always jammed in some capacity whether it was with guitars and drums or decks, keyboards, samplers and stuff. 

It took me ages to get my chops back too.. Its surprising how much you can actually forget, even the real simple stuff, and like yourself, I've been playing guitar since my early teens. 

Glad you're getting back into it Sav, I just play acoustics now but I've got an old Sunn Mustang in bits that I'll eventually put back together at some stage, also think there's an Ibanez  RG 750 body and neck kicking around at my Mums place that'd be nice to have working again. 

So yeah.. I'll see you over in the shredding thread in another 5 years time possibly! hehe. 

• Like 2

Yeah man. like i played like a freak from 11 till 18, then when I moved out of home to go to college, I didn't even bring the guitar with me. Got into DJing. 🙄

Maybe not the best time to rekindle an old hobby when i've just had my first child.

Wife was going to buy me something DJ related, but i'd be upgrading that shit in a few years, so i'm glad she went for this, as I'll never sell this thing.

I used to chat with Dee about Vai, malmsteen and the rest actually.  RIP

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The grey ones were first and then came the black version. We've had a dark blue set once (that was only a limited run I believe). MixMasterMike got a pair of transparent pdx's from vestax. Really love that turntable...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...