JDDX2R Portable Fader

Mine pops like a motherfucker intermittently! When it does, its worse than my Raiden, which is pretty disappointing tbh.

That's very disappointing to hear.

I've must throw out a quick, smug 'my nanofader board with PCV fader does nothing so crude' while I'm here :)

• Like 2

Mine definitely pops.. but so does my raiden. The jddx2r fader seems more solid than the raiden IMO. Audio quality sounds louder and more crisp too.

I agree with Dirk, that I expected a bit more weight.. but all in all.. just an updated portable fader. I feel the prices on these are just going to keep increasing..

Guest rasteri

It's impossible to build a passive fader that doesn't pop. You can (maybe) reduce the effect with filters and shunt capacitors but you can only get so far.

• Like 1

I've just spent the evening giving it some heavy use and I have to say I haven't noticed the popping much at all so maybe I was a bit quick to judge! Much smoother than my Raiden as well. More than pleased with it atm.

My electrical know how is non existent so thanks for the knowledge rasteri!

Rock Well - Thanks for the info!

Rasteri - Good to know. I had real bad signal when trying to use a headphone splitter in reverse to add aux input with my Frisk Fader, saw people do this online but sounds terrible. Anyone found a way to add aux signal in this way without ruining the output? Sorry if this was asked elsewhere...

Had mine for a few days now and yeah, it has a pop sound. You can barely hear it when you turn the volume all the way up on the turntable and adjust the sound from your mixer or amp. I believe Rasteri that it will always be present with a passive fader. Trade-off ain't bad since you won't have to worry about powering up the fader. The cuts are smooth as hell and sounding loud and clean when recording into my OP-1, which was a problem I had with the OG Raiden.

Still haven't broken mine out yet. Not gonna be very happy if it pops tho. Fucking shit. So annoying... I mean, for the price... if it popped and was $40 that's one thing. Hopefully it's not too bad like jreign said. Kinda wish I had held out for the ginormous DJtech faderbox.

Guest rasteri

Rasteri - Good to know. I had real bad signal when trying to use a headphone splitter in reverse to add aux input with my Frisk Fader, saw people do this online but sounds terrible.

Argh, never ever do this, you can blow everything you plug into it. I've seen shops expressly sell splitter cables for this exact purpose, they should be hanged from a noose made of them.

Anyone found a way to add aux signal in this way without ruining the output? Sorry if this was asked elsewhere...

You can do it passively with small-value series resistors, say 470ohm, and a parallel 20k (or so) resistor. See : http://www.rane.com/n109fig2.gif (this diagram is for combining one stereo into mono but it can be used in the same way to combine two stereo signals, just need twice as many resistors)

I've not found anyone that sells these off-the-shelf. My shop bought some that claimed to be for combining audio signals but they were just regular splitters being sold by some unscrupulous cunt.

• Like 1

Rock Well - Thanks for the info!

Rasteri - Good to know. I had real bad signal when trying to use a headphone splitter in reverse to add aux input with my Frisk Fader, saw people do this online but sounds terrible. Anyone found a way to add aux signal in this way without ruining the output? Sorry if this was asked elsewhere...

My frisk does that too, have half plug in the leads to get stereo. Also pops like hell, it's not even worth using as it got so bad.

I'm going to hold out and see how how the innoraiden turns out before I buy another.

Took the Jesse Dean for a spin yesterday and met the man himself. I think it's pretty much as good as you're gonna get for a passive portable fader option (the bigger/battery powered options might be a different story when they drop). It's a lot looser than Raiden/Frisk, feels more solid, and the cut is nice. It actually feels more like a real fader instead of a toy, obviously not Innofader Pro/Pro-X/Rane fader quality, but probably would hang with the innofader mini, or solid analog faders in terms of quality.

It pops slightly (as any passive fader is going to) but it's heaps better than the other options. He went into the science of it and said for best results you want to cut over a beat hooked through the Aux input to decrease the popping, rather than cutting over an external beat. Something about the audio input affecting the way the fader cuts and zero-summing... I'm not technical enough to understand, but I heard it. So that's just a heads up for people who hear more obvious popping when cutting acapella.

Anyways, that's my review. No clue about durability or anything long-term obviously, but it's a big jump from the other 2 passive fader options out there at the moment.

• Like 3

Hey Stingray, try contacting him about your pre order if you haven't heard anything about it. I was in the same boat and shot him an email yesterday morning, he responded promptly and had a paypal invoice and subsequent tracking info email to me in no time.

I'm pretty sure he just got overwhelmed with the demand, which is understandable, since it both looks and sounds dope from a lot of people's experiences as evidenced by Vekked.

That said, can't wait to get mine.

• 2 weeks later...

How to cleaning vid

Nice, I love just how easy it seems to clean it. I'm really looking forward to trying it out, as I'm fiending for a portable fader with a feel closer to rail faders. the shipping of mine was unfortunately delayed, but dude is quick as fuck when it comes to answering emails and providing support it seems, so I'm letting it slide this time.