So: Rob Swift, then, eh?

Guest petesasqwax

Also, have any real philosophers ever claimed to be able to "out philosophise" someone?

Well, Schopenhauer was quite the type to pick fights. ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Schopenhauer#Critique_of_Hegel

If I were to say that the so-called philosophy of this fellow Hegel is a colossal piece of mystification which will yet provide posterity with an inexhaustible theme for laughter at our times, that it is a pseudo-philosophy paralyzing all mental powers, stifling all real thinking, and, by the most outrageous misuse of language, putting in its place the hollowest, most senseless, thoughtless, and, as is confirmed by its success, most stupefying verbiage, I should be quite right. Further, if I were to say that this summus philosophus [...] scribbled nonsense quite unlike any mortal before him, so that whoever could read his most eulogized work, the so-called Phenomenology of the Mind, without feeling as if he were in a madhouse, would qualify as an inmate for Bedlam, I should be no less right.[115]At first Fichte and Schelling shine as the heroes of this epoch; to be followed by the man who is quite unworthy even of them, and greatly their inferior in point of talent --- I mean the stupid and clumsy charlatan Hegel.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Rob is just physically demonstrating how he can out philosophise you by showing that he's a real world rendering of the Uber mensch that Nietzsche was talking about.

I must say that Abalist is one of my top scratch albums and was v. influencial to me. My biceps are huge now!

It realy was, though. I like his albumz largely.

This is one of the best combos of dj and mc, i reckon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIgBsOaTSwk

This reminds me that I definitely had a cd of the Ablist and now cannot find it. Maybe this thread has worked - I will go buy a new copy in celebration of Brolic Arm (which I initially thought was something to do with a mixture of bro's and anabolic steroids).

• Like 2

Been watching this rob swift shit unfold an it's a bit Hutton to be honest. I ain't been following him in recent years but seen some of the stuff he was doin with the scratch school and thought that's cool. Seen some of his posts on a krs video correcting people in regards to the history of the cross fader. I remember at the time thinking wow he's really stickin it to people in the comments. I was like that's cool he ain't afraid to speak his mind and address misconceptions. But lookin at his Facebook page it's less about teaching and more about arguing imo in some sort of attempt for self gratitude. Anyone who disagrees with him are basically either given a non response or told that he doesn't have to care about their opinion on 'his' wall.

One of my biggest gripes is the way he kind of contradicts himself in one breath he describes himself as a mentor but puts down this generation of djs at every opptunity. He also seems to blame modern technology for a huge lack of creativity, which in terms of everything being so assessable he may have a point, but at the same time does nothing really new and rides his 90s fame/achievements. Don't get me wrong I ain't takin nothing away from him but how you gonna critique a scene when your the self appointed king of 1992 ect lol in one breath he's complaining at every opptunity about this generation but then when something dope comes around he's like I laid the foundation to that lol

• Like 2

Any one see his rants about Bill Cosby and how he being targeted because hes famous and black.

But at least Bill is authentic. He was born with the funk.

• Like 1

Sinista was always really hard to watch, though. Dope as hell, but I feel like we all got a glimpse of his "bedroom face" every time he juggled.

I get that when I do a whole bar of chirps. Sinista's still at it:

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

I met the ruck in real life. I'd done a lot of drugs. I probably will keep this story to myself. haha.

dude, come on :) you can't just leave that hangin there