So: Rob Swift, then, eh?

Guest petesasqwax

Thie real irony is that if you're an old school American hip hop head, Europe is probably your biggest remaining market - most of America couldn't a shit about that stuff now.

Vekked - I totally agree with your above points on turntablism, juggling, etc. Well put and on the money IMO.

Dirk - Equally, your summary of Rob nowadays and his general bitterness is also spot on. Like you I was a big fan of his early stuff and would be far happier if he just got his head down and did what he does best (new material in an old/traditional style would be fine for me) instead of wasting time telling everybody how great he is, arguing and doing squat thrusts. Also, I must say that I though your comment was so well written that I am now considering that under that brash Texan exterior, you might actually be British on the inside.

• Like 2

Fuck Rob Swift and fuck any other old fart that tries to use "divide & conquer" in order to stop being irrelevant. For fuck's sake, anyone that tries this approach in the future should be completely wiped out of the history books of turntablism. That dickhead is way worse that Ruckzoid, at least Rucker was once No1 in the scratch game. This fucktard was just once an Eastcoast champ and that's all. And yet we have to tolerate this bullshit and continuous disrespect of a whole-fucking-contintent by someone that regards himself "hiphop royalty". Man, just fuck you.

• Like 1

And yet we have to tolerate this bullshit and continuous disrespect of a whole-fucking-contintent by someone that regards himself "hiphop royalty". Man, just fuck you.

Not only cocaine is a helluva drug...roids are too

• Like 1

That dickhead is way worse that Ruckzoid, at least Rucker was once No1 in the scratch game. This fucktard was just once an Eastcoast champ and that's all.

Wellll to be fair Rob was once the No1 beat juggler and arguably solo battle DJ on the planet (he lost to Q, MMM and Apollo as a team at the time)

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I had a deep and meaningful conversation with my mate last night about how when people get fit, they generally become a less likeable version of them self. Like when Rob went from from being skinny and pleasant to strong and angry, or when Timbaland went from being a loveable cuddly producer in the background to getting in shape and thinking he was the real star of all his records.

• Like 2

And yet we have to tolerate this bullshit and continuous disrespect of a whole-fucking-contintent by someone that regards himself "hiphop royalty". Man, just fuck you.

Not only cocaine is a helluva drug...roids are too

Ruckazoid X Robaroid

Make it happen!

• Like 2

That dickhead is way worse that Ruckzoid, at least Rucker was once No1 in the scratch game. This fucktard was just once an Eastcoast champ and that's all.

Wellll to be fair Rob was once the No1 beat juggler and arguably solo battle DJ on the planet (he lost to Q, MMM and Apollo as a team at the time)

Not sure he placed second in DMC USA 1992 though. I got this on tape (didn't found any info at DMC site)

Guest petesasqwax

Is this an appropriate thread (drawing on the Rob Swift vs Europe element of this) to say that Noize should have won the 1995 worlds as well as the 1996

(RIP Roc Raida, no disrespect intended)

With all due respect Vek, I think it was always Raida the No1 beat juggler. RS was always somewhere in the back within the X-Men and behind Butcher, Raida, Eclipse, Precision and Boogie Blind. He might had the most musicality out of all, but that was still 20 years ago.

With all due respect Vek, I think it was always Raida the No1 beat juggler. RS was always somewhere in the back within the X-Men and behind Butcher, Raida, Eclipse, Precision and Boogie Blind. He might had the most musicality out of all, but that was still 20 years ago.

For me it was Total Eclipse #1. Sinista was pretty amazing too--he made stuff work that shouldn't work. Talk about born with the funk.

Is this an appropriate thread (drawing on the Rob Swift vs Europe element of this) to say that Noize should have won the 1995 worlds as well as the 1996

(RIP Roc Raida, no disrespect intended)

Probably. Noize was one of the best ever. Ever ever ever. Raida really crushed it but there's a reason he got booed. Noise was ahead of his time. Arguably should have won.

Funnily enough, I had a deep and meaningful conversation with my mate last night about how when people get fit, they generally become a less likeable version of them self. Like when Rob went from from being skinny and pleasant to strong and angry, or when Timbaland went from being a loveable cuddly producer in the background to getting in shape and thinking he was the real star of all his records.

Ain't that the truth tho.

Dirk - Equally, your summary of Rob nowadays and his general bitterness is also spot on. Like you I was a big fan of his early stuff and would be far happier if he just got his head down and did what he does best (new material in an old/traditional style would be fine for me) instead of wasting time telling everybody how great he is, arguing and doing squat thrusts. Also, I must say that I though your comment was so well written that I am now considering that under that brash Texan exterior, you might actually be British on the inside.

SIG MATERIAL!

I am a tiny bit English... but I'm also a tiny bit Irish so it's a zero-sum game. :$

Sinista was always really hard to watch, though. Dope as hell, but I feel like we all got a glimpse of his "bedroom face" every time he juggled.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWW Licking fingers and all that. Man. You just fucked my head. Thanks a lot.