What games are you guys playing at the moment?

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing New Super Lucky's Tale, which is on every console platform and PC.

I played the original game and while I liked it, there were definitely annoying things about it, such as you having no control over the camera. They've fixed that in the new version and it is waaaaaay better!

It's not a hugely challenging game, but if you like single player platformers, give it a go. On Xbox and PC it's part of Game Pass, so if you have that you can play it as part of your subscription.

Trailer: -

i finally started jedi fallen order. only got about 20 mins of game time in though.

*random gaming rant*

so my mom bought both my sons a nintendo switch. one for each of them. then my wife turns around and gets herself a switch lite. so we have 3 switches in the house and nobody will let me play one. it was explained to me that even though you can put more than one user profile on them, its still kind of a personal console. so its best if i get my own.......like i got an extra $400 sitting around. i see whats going on here

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

*random gaming rant*

so my mom bought both my sons a nintendo switch. one for each of them. then my wife turns around and gets herself a switch lite. so we have 3 switches in the house and nobody will let me play one. it was explained to me that even though you can put more than one user profile on them, its still kind of a personal console. so its best if i get my own.......like i got an extra $400 sitting around. i see whats going on here

That's what happened to me with 3DS so I finally bought one. If you don't want to drop coin on the Switch maybe look at that. It's a fantastic system. ALSO I'm gonna call bullshit on all those jerks you call a nuclear family. We have one Switch... lemme correct that... I (me) has a Switch that I bought myself for my 40th birthday and I'm kind enough to let the kids play it. We all have separate profiles and it works perfectly fine. The only exception I've found is Animal Crossing which apparently saves to the system not the profile but thats coming from my daughter and I think she may be full of it.

• Like 1

im not that upset about it. I dont get a lot of time to game anyway. but on a side note. my wife just found out she can pair some joy cons or a pro controller to her switch lite to get the rumble and haptic feedback if she wants. that makes the lite more desirable. but like i said, im in no hurry to buy another system. i'm still chipping away at jedi fallen order on the ps4. plus i got a few other games i havent finished yet. theres a 50% off sale on psn right now. all japanese games. i've been considering picking up some yakuza games.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a puzzle/platformer called Shady Part of Me. Review: -

It's available on the 3 consoles and PC.

It's a cool game with some interesting ideas. You play as a young girl and her shadow, and you can switch back and forth between the 2 at will. The girl is scared of the light, so you can't allow light to touch her. Her shadow is basically the opposite, so you can't enter into total darkness, and shadows created by objects in the world create platforms for her shadow to traverse the environment. You can rewind time if you die or end up in a position where you're stuck, which is great is it doesn't require you to reload at a checkpoint or anything like that.

It's definitely worth checking out if you like these kinds of games.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought this on Steam when it was on sale. It's the perfect game for these winter quarantine times, especially if you dislike Londoners: These twats are constantly complaining, stealing resources and trying to convince people to leave your city.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing Glass Masquerade: -

It's basically jigsaw puzzles, except you can't see what the puzzle is in advance, nor can you see what a piece is until you pick it up. It's a nice, chilled out game. Cool to play when you're listening to some music or a podcast.

• Like 2

That's an interesting one Steve. I would totally get it on iOS if available. 

Been playing COD Cold War and personally love it. I think it's possibly the best since Infinite War or Ghosts. It's on par with and similar feel to World at War. I know IW was pretty polarizing but IMO that was one of the best. 

Also been playing Code Name STEAM on 3Ds. Its a turn based strategy game which are my favorites. I'd tried it maybe a year ago but it's quirky compared to most I've played but came back to it and got more used to the game play. Really like it now. 

• 1 month later...

Just played through Untitled Goose Game, which was really fun (but q short) and about to start on Persona 5 Strikers, which is a hack and slash meets rpg spin off sequel of the Persona 5 RPG game made in collaboration with the team behind Dynasty Warriors.

• 3 months later...

I tried Yakuza: Like a Dragon last night, as it's now been added to Game Pass.

At first I thought I wasn't going to like it, cos it wasn't what I expected. I didn't realise that it's an RPG with turn-based combat - I thought it was like a button mashing brawler and an action adventure game, but nope. That said, the story started to really suck me in and I ended up playing for 2-3 hours. It's supposedly a big game that takes over 50 hours to just complete the main story, and so far it's been kinda linear and more like watching a movie than playing a game, but I'm still really enjoying it and it will obviously open up more as I get further into it.

A friend gave me their old PS4 so been playing some exclusives and games I didn't have already that went on sale. 

PGA Tour 2k21. Really good. I like golf games... just chill but challenging. The last big one was Rory and it was a little more like Golden Tee with controls for better or worse. This still has some similar swing dynamics but it's a lot more to it... less arcadey is what I'm trying to say while still keeping the arcade style features that worked. Also better character customization... on Rory I had to make a Beef Johnston sans beard which was a travesty. 

Alienation. Holy shit this is badass. A twin stick shooter like no other. It's super fun and I'm ridiculously addicted. 

Horizon Zero Dawn. Wow. I didn't expect this to suck me in that was supposed to be Spider Man (which has been a snore fest). Crazy good game. Currently my #1 fav game. 

Zone of the Enders the 2nd Runner: MARS. Barely played this but I loved ZOE on PS2 so jumped when I saw it. If they would also remake Virtual On and Phantom Crash then my life would be complete. 

On 6/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, Steve said:

I tried Yakuza: Like a Dragon last night, as it's now been added to Game Pass.

At first I thought I wasn't going to like it, cos it wasn't what I expected. I didn't realise that it's an RPG with turn-based combat - I thought it was like a button mashing brawler and an action adventure game, but nope. That said, the story started to really suck me in and I ended up playing for 2-3 hours. It's supposedly a big game that takes over 50 hours to just complete the main story, and so far it's been kinda linear and more like watching a movie than playing a game, but I'm still really enjoying it and it will obviously open up more as I get further into it.

Yeaaa as a big fan of the Yakuza series ive not been so into this as previous games  - but if I think of it as a stand alone game rather than a continuation of the brawler theme of the rest of the series it’s actually really fun, just a change from the other games.

• Like 1

i finally sat down and finished jedi fallen order about a week ago.  not sure what im going to tackle yet.  i havent got thru kingdom hearts yet. and i havent even started the uncharted series yet.  I downloaded that about a year ago when sony had them for free.  

• Like 1