What games are you guys playing at the moment?

Steve

I restarted Shadow of the Tomb Raider, a game I bought back in 2019, played for an hour or so, then I got side-tracked by online multiplayer games and I never went back to it.

I think it's part of one of the best reboots of any game series. I love the exploration, the combat, and the stealth mechanics. There's loads to do. It still looks fantastic. The story is dumb, which is a shame, but I don't think that makes too much difference overall.

The Definitive Edition is part of Game Pass, so if you've not played it and you have an Xbox or PC, I'd definitely recommend it.

14 hours ago, Steve said:

I restarted Shadow of the Tomb Raider, a game I bought back in 2019, played for an hour or so, then I got side-tracked by online multiplayer games and I never went back to it.

I think it's part of one of the best reboots of any game series. I love the exploration, the combat, and the stealth mechanics. There's loads to do. It still looks fantastic. The story is dumb, which is a shame, but I don't think that makes too much difference overall.

The Definitive Edition is part of Game Pass, so if you've not played it and you have an Xbox or PC, I'd definitely recommend it.

i just got the definitve version a while ago during on the christmas sales.  it is a good game.  i need to get back to it myself.

• Like 1

i finally started playing shredders revenge on the switch.  i only really pull out my switch when im going to get my oil changed on the car.  love a good beat em up.  dont have to think about the game. no real strategy. just punch kick throw repeat. 

I've been playing Brotato, which is another of those wave-based top-down shooters, like Vampire Survivors.

There are loads of different characters you can play as (all potatoes, lol), each with their own pros and cons. Almost all of them can carry up to 6 weapons at once. When you kill enemies they drop materials that you can pick up, then at the end of the wave, you can spend them in a shop to buy new weapons, upgrade existing ones, upgrade your character, or buy items that will help you along the way. The idea is to fight your way through 20 waves, with each one being tougher than the last, although there is also an endless mode where you can see how far you can get.

With each character, you initially start at level 0 difficulty, then when you complete that you unlock level 1 and so on until you complete level 5 which is the hardest difficulty.

It is super easy to play in terms of the controls, as with the default settings, all you do is move, so you just use the left stick or WASD and your character fires/attacks automatically. There's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to knowing the best things to buy from the shop, but that's part of the fun.

There is loads of replay value due to the incredible number of combinations of characters/weapons/upgrades/items. I'd highly recommend it if you like these types of games.

It's available on Windows, Xbox One/Series consoles, PS4/5, Switch, Android and iOS and it costs under £5. It's currently part of Game Pass too, so if you have that, you can play it at no extra cost.

I've been playing Firegirl: Hack 'n Splash Rescue DX. Trailer: -

I was browsing the indie game sale on Xbox and bought it on a whim as it was only £2.99 and I liked the trailer. It reminds of a 90s-style arcade game, only with better graphics.

Missions involve extinguishing fires and rescuing people/animals from burning buildings. You use your axe to smash down doors and certain other objects that get in your way, and obviously you use your hose to put out fires, but you can also point it at the ground to propel you high into the air. Each mission has a time limit that can be extended by a small amount each time you extinguish a fire, so you have to get in, complete the search and rescue, then get out before the time runs out.

The levels are randomly generated, so they're different each time, which is cool. There's a bunch of upgrades and unlocks to get which carry over to future runs.

I'm not blown away by it, but I'd certainly recommend it for 3 quid! I wouldn't have bought it at the non-sale price (£15 I think), but you're gonna get a decent amount of fun out of it for £3.