What games are you guys playing at the moment?

Steve

just got the kindom hearts trilogy over the weekend on ps4. I actually started part 1 a few years ago on ps2 but i lost the game in the house somewhere. so i just restarted it on ps4. and i've been playing journey on ps4. just downloaded rocket leauge on xbox one but i havent started it yet. and i've been playing super monkey ball on the switch.

Currently playing Yakuza 4 on PS4 and Mario Odyssey on Switch :)

Super Mario Odyssey is typical Nintendo greatness. Obviously the reviews tell you that. I did my usual, bought it, played it a bit then got distracted with life. A couple of years later, both kids are old enough to play it and got addicted. They needed quite a bit of help so I ended up completing it with them. So much cool stuff to do and if you are a crazy completionist there's a lot extra to keep you amused.

Super Mario Odyssey is typical Nintendo greatness. Obviously the reviews tell you that. I did my usual, bought it, played it a bit then got distracted with life. A couple of years later, both kids are old enough to play it and got addicted. They needed quite a bit of help so I ended up completing it with them. So much cool stuff to do and if you are a crazy completionist there's a lot extra to keep you amused.

yeah my wife has been playing mario odyssey non stop for the past 2 weeks. shes on the last level now and pissed that she is about to beat the game.

I picked up Arise: A Simple Story when it was on sale on Xbox Live as I'd heard it was decent. Playing through the first level, I felt that the game was just OK, but once I got to the second level, it added in a bit more complexity and started to become really good.

Here's a review: -

It's available on all 3 consoles and PC. The full price is about 15 quid, so it's pretty cheap, but if you see it go on sale, I'd highly recommend grabbing it.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah my wife has been playing mario odyssey non stop for the past 2 weeks. shes on the last level now and pissed that she is about to beat the game.

I've just hit 250 moons so am doing the 'dark side of the moon' boss battles - it seems like there's so much to do in this - i like how each challenge is quite short too, easy to pick up and play

I'm a total chicken, finding the Resident Evil 2 remake a bit too tense.

Yeah man, I'm a big weenie. I love/hate games like that. Trying to play Bioshock for the first time and it's freaking me out. Stopped after the first hour and not gotten the nerve to pick it back up.

That's awesome. I remember grinding so hard to 100% GTA3 but never could.

Yeah, that's not the first time I've hit 100% in a game, but I think that's the first time I've hit 100% in a game that has more than 1,000 gamerscore.

The one achievement that I thought I'd never get is the one where you have to win a round of The Eliminator (the battle royale mode) without picking up any car drops, which only 0.09% of FH4 players have got. I managed to get it in a game where I wasn't even trying to get it.

I'm a total chicken, finding the Resident Evil 2 remake a bit too tense.

Yeah man, I'm a big weenie. I love/hate games like that. Trying to play Bioshock for the first time and it's freaking me out. Stopped after the first hour and not gotten the nerve to pick it back up.

If you want a truly scary game that doesn't involve guns, horror, or the un-dead, try SUBNAUTICA.

It's hard to express how beautiful this game is while being organically terrifying at the same time. I never knew I had fear such a fear of deep water.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I copped Shaolin Vs. Wutang earlier: -

It's a budget-priced indie game featuring characters that are throwbacks to kung fu flicks, so you've got your drunken master guy, a kickboxer, a tiger crane style guy, a Judo guy etc. - there's a quite a lot of different characters.

It's not got a deep fighting system, so it's aimed at more casual fighting game players. The controls are simple as you just use the left stick and 4 face buttons.

On the product page on MS's website it said that it has online play for 2 players, but it doesn't, or if it does, the option is buried somewhere I can't see it. That's a bit disappointing IMO, but it does have a couple of different single player modes, a tournament mode, and local versus multiplayer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've started to get back into Gems of War, which is a F2P "match 3" puzzle game with RPG elements.

Even though I'd put over 100 hours into it, it wasn't until yesterday that I realised I'd basically been playing it wrong. It's more complex than it seems and there's stuff in there that I'd simply missed. I checked out a couple of YouTube tips videos and learned quite a bit.

It's available on PC, all consoles, and mobile, so if you decide to give it a go I'd highly recommend this video, as if you watch it, you'll be able to get a much better start than I did!.....

Picked up Zero Time Dilemma for 3DS. It's basically a thriller story game akin to the movie Butterfly Effect where you play out every outcome of a scenario. I guess it's a sequel but I never played the original. Also been playing Mario Kart: Super Circuit and WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgames for the first time through (both on GBA)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing Rocket Arena, which is a fairly casual 3 Vs. 3 arena shooter with various characters you can choose from, all with their own unique abilities.

It's a really fun game IMO, but EA kinda fucked up the launch. They originally launched it is a paid-for game for $30, but one that had a battle pass and micro-transactions for cosmetic items as well. They've now made it part of EA Access, which makes a lot more sense. None of the characters are locked behind a pay wall, so all of the paid-for stuff is cosmetic.

The primary weapon for each character is rockets, which are projectile weapons so you have to lead your shots. You can rocket jump to get yourself to higher locations on the map. It's a bit like Smash Bros in that you have a pretty big health bar, but once you take too much damage you get knocked out of the arena.

There's various different game modes, ranked and casual modes, and private matches. It's available on PC, PS4 and Xbox, and you can enable cross-platform play.

It's currently F2P this weekend, as well as being on sale for just $5, so if you don't have EA Access you can still give it a go for free or buy it for a fiver.