What games are you guys playing at the moment?

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Guest broke

Horizon Zero Dawn really is ace. I think I'm addicted to hunting robot animals.

Horizon Zero Dawn is the best single player game I've ever played. It's a masterpiece. I finished it (plus the expansion), then started all over again on the hardest setting.

Apex Legends. I got my first win the other night: -

After hating on Fortnite, I quite like Apex Legends. I still suck though. I've had two wins, purely thanks to getting carried by two better players.

Horizon Zero Dawn is the best single player game I've ever played. It's a masterpiece. I finished it (plus the expansion), then started all over again on the hardest setting.

I did clock up some serious hours on it, which is unusual for me. It's definitely up there as one my favourites in recent memory. Reminded me a lot of when I played Mass Effect 2 - I felt sad when it was all over. I looked at the expansion and thought "shit I've done too many hours and feel guilty / I've got loads of other games I need to play".

I've been playing Trials Rising: -

If you've played one of these games before, you know what you're getting with this one. You can create your own tracks, which anyone else can download and play. It also has cross-platform functionality, so if you enable that you can compare scores and race against ghosts of players on Xbox, PS4, PC and Switch.

I think the review score given by IGN in that video is fair, given the grinding criticism, although Ubisoft have already said that they will adjust the progression in an upcoming patch as one of their top priorities.

The regular version of the game is only £19.99 (you can get the Xbox One version for £17.79 at CDKeys), and for that price I think it's totally worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just played through "What Remains of Edith Finch" in a single sitting.

If you have a PS4, Xbox One or PC, play it, if you like story-driven games. It's only a couple of hours long, but it's really great. If you have an Xbox One and you have Game Pass, it's included in that.

It won "Best Game" at the BAFTA Game Awards last year.

I gave up on Read Dead after the first 2 chapters and switched to Persona 5. Best RPG I've played in a long time. It's currently on offer on the PSN store:

You play as a group of high school students who gain the power to change the minds of corrupt people in the real world by infiltrating their subconscious in a parrallel universe. It's a mixture between dungeon crawling and level up farming with a really good story. It's LONG too - I'm just starting the second main dungeon and I'm already 15 hours in.

• 2 months later...

I've been playing the LEGO Speed Champions add-on for Forza Horizon 4 (I can't stand the song they chose for this trailer): -

It's great, aside from the fact that there's only 3 LEGO cars available so far - a Mini Cooper S, a Ferrari F40, and a McLaren Senna. They're all cool to drive for their own reasons, but I love the Senna in particular.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I've been playing Pang Adventures on Xbox One. I'm sure some of you guys remember the original Pang. It's currently on sale for about £3 or so. It's a solid game, but it's a shame that there's no online co-op - only local.

Did you do that Game Pass Ultimate deal? Just Cause 4 and Forza Horizon 4 are both part of Games Pass, although unfortunately the LEGO expansion isn't included, but it's still an amazing racing game IMO. Probably the best I've ever played.

Yeah Steve I got it till 8/2020! still can't figure out how to DL ultimate games tho

Pang looks pretty rad so i picked it up too.

Also got I Hate Running Backwards ($4)

Side note: I have 36000 MS points. What the hell do I do with that? Just enter a lot of raffles?

To download Game Pass games, you can either do it via the Game Pass tab on the console's dashboard, or if you just go to the store page for the game, either on the console or on the Xbox.com website, it'll have an "Install" button there (if you do it via the website, make sure you're signed in with the account used to purchase Game Pass Ultimate).

As for MS points, you mean the rewards points, right? I can only see the UK rewards, but that's enough to get you £35 worth of credit on your account with 1,000 points leftover. Check out the rewards here: -

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/

• Like 1

I gave up on Read Dead after the first 2 chapters and switched to Persona 5. Best RPG I've played in a long time. It's currently on offer on the PSN store:

You play as a group of high school students who gain the power to change the minds of corrupt people in the real world by infiltrating their subconscious in a parrallel universe. It's a mixture between dungeon crawling and level up farming with a really good story. It's LONG too - I'm just starting the second main dungeon and I'm already 15 hours in.

Just beat this, story was awesome and even though it's a lot of grinding at times (though nothing like rpgs I've experienced before, it's not necessary for most of it) it never felt boring :) i beat it at just over 80 hours but reckon theres a few bits I missed too

• Like 1

LEGO City Undercover has just been added to Game Pass, so it might be worth a look for some of you guys with kids - not that adults won't find it fun, but it has local co-op, so it might be cool to play with the family.

• Like 1

^^That's a pretty decent game.

Last night I got Monster Hunters 4 Ultimate for 3DS. I'm new to the series but it sounds pretty good and like it has plenty of content and hundreds of hours of game play. It's on sale for $9. Haven't started it yet.

I've always wanted a Saturn for this game... Unique in the Bomberman series because it's the only full 3d instead of top-down. The battle mode is a blast (rimshot).

DUDE! That's awesome! Dreamcast been on my want list for a long time.

yeah, i had the chance to get a brand new one for dirt cheap back in the early 2000's when they first stop making them. i wish i jumped on it then. now its gonna be a bitch to get games for this thing for under $40. Same with that gamecube i just got. but i only paid $50 for the system with 2 controllers a vmu and 5 games. 3 of the games are nba and nfl 2k games. I hate sport games but didnt have a choice in which games came with the system.

• Like 1

Yeah i'd just set up a IFTTT filter for craigslist. Id you don't care about the cases then I usually find ebay sellers that have a lot of disc only games for sale individually and message them with an offer for a number of discs. They usually take it since it moves a lot fast and for a bulk shipping price.