Man claims ownership of moving records backwards and forwards in a specific fashion; nerds worldwide laugh and point

Guest petesasqwax

my two cents on the whole topic: as i wrote on fb, ruck's skills on the cut/ music production are just as legendary as his ego tripping and internet rants so theres nothing new here.

on one hand his solo cuts, his phrasing and his skratch production are absolutely legendary. as jam stated, a lot of his cuts, phrasing and production became like a blueprint to everything that came after him. even people who dont know that were influenced by other people who were influenced by him. without ruck (and toadstyle) the scratch science guys, birdy nam nam, alien army etc would not do what they do, scratching would not be what is today.

but on the other hand rucks cuts, phrasing and production is obviously based on what q and d did before him, so there without them there would be no ruck. also I remember quite a few posts where his ego simply surpassed his skills. for instance when d, toad and excess went for the rock hard bastards tour he posted something like old crew going on a tour without the master theyre not going anywhere. on the facebook post he wrote something like d is doing that same old horn routine for ten years now and it is based on my style.

the bottom line is: even if you are sort of a genious, constantly expecting people to acknowledge you for being one, to thank you for your influence on art and bashing other people at the same time makes you appear like an asshole.

and of course posts like the recent one on fb feed his ego because every time he joins a discussion it becomes viral which supports his view of being the center of the scratch universe

• Like 2

the bottom line is: even if you are sort of a genious, constantly expecting people to acknowledge you for being one, to thank you for your influence on art and basing other people at the same time makes you appear like an asshole.

he's the Kanye of the scratch game.

i'd also add 'self proclaimed' genius, he gets props but calling yourself a genius just highlights the ego problem.

• Like 1

I think a video from the ruck might have carried more weight. that's not a diss to the track. aside from it feeling a bit repetitive I was able to groove with it. I feel like this may have been a live track all on a turntable(s) but it sounded like an edited instrumental with SOME cuts which is somewhat mundane to listen to unless it's live. which in that case, video.

Haven't you had that avatar since the Funkshitup era (& maybe before?)?

Pshhhh, y'all still talkin' 'bout the Ruck? This here avatar been in the scratch game since the 90's. The Ruck can't claim that, TA can't claim that, Grandpa Jesus can't claim that, Jebo, oh hell knaw, I am virtually omnipotent (that means invincible).

Totally separate battle/beef allegedly.

Ruck vs. Ruftone is so last week mate

This week its all about Jad vs. Ruftone... or maybe France vs. Everyone else... or maybe French speakers vs. English Speakers... or maybe just some kind of multi-national royal rumble - it's hard to interpret social media sometimes. All I'm sure of is that Darcy may eject me from the Montreal Scratch Scene FB group for being childish... maybe.

TBH I feel for Ritchie getting bombarded by wallys without provoking them. I hope he just ignores the nonsense and keeps counting record sales - his excellent cottage industry deserves the free publicity.

• Like 3

Actually wait. Don't delete all your Jad files off your hard drive just yet!

It seems that he didn't want beef after all (we've all ordered the wrong food once in a foreign language) and the picture involving Carlton that looks like a pisstake was also him saying "peace everybody, I was just trying to order the vegetarian option" lost in translation.

Guest petesasqwax

You know, maybe my Quornish game is weak, but i can't seem to find where "if this goes viral maybe you can do a battlebreak" fits on the veggie selection. I could be misreading it, but it's hard not to read that as a reference to PYC. Perhaps I'm just lacking a certain I-don't-know-what in the translation ;)

It's menu of conflicting ingredients TBH mate... and not one I've completely deciphered myself.

I think he didn't fancy the beef, but was originally miffed by Ritchie tapping into a momentary social media zeitgeist so he could live in castle and own fleet of diamond encrusted Ferraris through the billions to be made from limited runs of skipless scratch records.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

If only there was some kind of ancient meme which would have alerted him to the niche nature of turntablism and the low potential for financial rewards related to it...

#AintNoMoneyInTheSkczqxratchGameFool

Actually wait. Don't delete all your Jad files off your hard drive just yet!

It seems that he didn't want beef after all (we've all ordered the wrong food once in a foreign language) and the picture involving Carlton that looks like a pisstake was also him saying "peace everybody, I was just trying to order the vegetarian option" lost in translation.

Seriously LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread has made a simple "quick poo" last at least 1 hour...

Talking about advancing the scene, I can now keep up with the sqratch gayme on my htc one m8 - whilst taking a dump.

Truly unfathomable at the the time when 2 clicks first hit the scene...now look where we are!

Gotta be thankful.

• Like 3