Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

Niiiiiiiiice!!!

Loving the quality of the pictures too.

Is it OK If I copy this and put it up on the wiki? http://rasteri.com

of course you can man it would be a pleasure to have it on there haha :p

and like I said feel free to use the pics I took for any modding tutorials or anything

they're all there on photobucket

for specifics on the button this is the one I got

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331639377644?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Djmadhatter

Guest rasteri

That's great. I'll stick it up later.

In other news :

Gonna populate the fuck out of these boards this weekend and then they'll be ready for sale.

• Like 8

Guest rasteri

Well unfortunately they're really still at the proof-of-concept stage, I haven't done much work on them beyond what I showed you. Although they're so ridiculously simple that going to a full circuit will be pretty trivial.

Guest rasteri

Cool, if I do have them manufactured we're talking maybe £20 each if I have 50 made. Cheaper than a mini innofader and should work with a similar range of mixers.

Niiiiiiiiice!!!

and like I said feel free to use the pics I took for any modding tutorials or anything

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331639377644?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You using a modded needle/cartridge?

• Like 1

rast, im interested in the pcb fader kit as well.. not in a rush tho as I'm waiting to see how successful i can be with the ultra pitch and on/off switch.. so i will hit you up when that time comes..

you may have mentioned this already.. long thread.. but is the pcb fader possible externally? i know the raiden isn't the best, but i like having the external option with the raider + fader crib..

Guest rasteri

you may have mentioned this already.. long thread.. but is the pcb fader possible externally? i know the raiden isn't the best, but i like having the external option with the raider + fader crib..

Yeah but you'll have to figure out the best way to do it. If it were me I would put the PCB inside the pt01 and have a cable going between it and the external fader (only need 2 wires unless you're planning on using an innofader).

Niiiiiiiiice!!!

You using a modded needle/cartridge?

Yeh I have a shure m44-7 on there

• Like 1

Yeah but you'll have to figure out the best way to do it. If it were me I would put the PCB inside the pt01 and have a cable going between it and the external fader (only need 2 wires unless you're planning on using an innofader).

Wires... Seems the pcb kit is best suited internally. :)

I bet for this:

https://www.google.es/search?q=switched+plug+jack&client=safari&hl=es-es&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRvdzVreDKAhUDWBoKHXDjAjcQ_AUIBygB#imgrc=6YCOZLR4O27p8M%3A

Edited by Mutis Mayfield

That's great. I'll stick it up later.

In other news :

Gonna populate the fuck out of these boards this weekend and then they'll be ready for sale.

Wahoo!!

Funny I've jus started to develop a real itch for getting back on the porta cuts, can't wait dude!

I'm def still interested in a serviced vestax fader to :)

Oh and serious kudos for the optical fader, if you can get the cut lag a tad shorter than the mini inno's that'll be dope/king Dic of da fader game

I bet for this:

https://www.google.es/search?q=switched+plug+jack&client=safari&hl=es-es&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRvdzVreDKAhUDWBoKHXDjAjcQ_AUIBygB#imgrc=6YCOZLR4O27p8M%3A

this was similar to what i was imagining. An input or inputs that come from the pcb/pt that you can hook your fader+fader box to..?

• Like 1

plus switch... when nothing is plugged the circuit remains as internal (even with regular crossfader if you want)

When you plug the connector, it derives the signal through it disconnecting the internal circuit. In this way when you attach the external xfader it makes the switch at the same time.

Ideal for circuit benders...

;)

• Like 1

so I'm looking at doing a rechargeable battery mod like shotta showed previously

I been lookin on ebay at different battery banks a 6000mah mophie costs about a 100 AUD

but I can get a 12000mah no name brand from asia for like 20 bucks

am I really just paying for the name with mophie or are these would it be pretty sketchy to use a noname brand battery bank

I unsoldered the wired that go to the batteries and soldered a usb "a" connection that's plugs into a rechargeable battery pack (the mophie pack or any other). I'm trying to find at a 10,000mah one that fits in the battery compartment

• Like 1

just to let you guys know for anyone who was considering trying out the dj player dvs setup with the PT-01
it doesn't work with the 1st gen Ipad I'm not a fan of apple and that's all I had I have tried and tried and nothing works

apparently you need ios 6 or higher for it to work and the 1st gen ipad does not support ios 6

just another reason for me to hate apple some more

so for anyone else who was going to attempt it keep in mind you need a device that supports ios 6 or higher

Edited by Djmadhatter