Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

Guest rasteri

any news on the kits? :)

Still waiting on them being manufactured. I had a mistake in the initial run so I had to restart the order, should be with me in a week or so.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

On Focus's behalf:

Portable Ultra Pitch Update!...These showed up today! Something about Turkey and Pumpkin Pie slowed down the parts deliveries.
Swapped out a few parts to make it simpler to install,now only one hole needed to be drilled for the pitch knob...
The only way it will get easier for you is if I do the installation...The hookup price is $2,500 an hour, 1 hour minimum :) ...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest petesasqwax

Anyone here planning on picking up the 1200 plates fader crib? I've seen 1200plates on this forum. Wondering if we could get some kind of DV discount :d

Not planning, got one - and it's absoltuely awesome!!

Anyone here planning on picking up the 1200 plates fader crib? I've seen 1200plates on this forum. Wondering if we could get some kind of DV discount :d

Not planning, got one - and it's absoltuely awesome!!

Got mines too! Actually a few weeks ago. Really changes up scratching with the Raiden fader. Gave a fader crib to my homies and they love it.

Guest petesasqwax

Damn, that's an interesting development. Design is ugly, as one comment on the article rightly pointed out, but the key WTF is that it isn't battery powered. Seems like a really bizarre development. To me it seems like the option is to either go direct drive and have a power adaptor or keep with the belt drive and have battery as an option too.

I'm looking for a plastic box to just build one.

Yall see this yet? Maybe it was posted earlier in the thread already.

http://djworx.com/dj-techs-pre-christmas-surprise-the-dif-7pt/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=DJWORX&utm_content=DJ+Tech%27s+pre-Christmas+surprise%3A+the+DIF-7PT

I'm looking for a plastic box to just build one.

Yall see this yet? Maybe it was posted earlier in the thread already.

http://djworx.com/dj-techs-pre-christmas-surprise-the-dif-7pt/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=DJWORX&utm_content=DJ+Tech%27s+pre-Christmas+surprise%3A+the+DIF-7PT

No battery power.... portable fail if you ask me.

• Like 1

I'm thinking maybe as it's a prototype knocked up early just for show at NAMM then maybe they just wanted it done and dusted, so skipped the battery part for now cause it's not really relevant at the show and went straight for mains? I dunno, a portable that needs a plugging in just doesn't make sense. I'm more interested in if it was something that the PS7 team are collabing with Thud Rumble and DJ Tech with, or if they just saw the poster and straight stole the design. There's no mention of it on the PS7 FB page which seems to be the only source for info on it. Plus, what's the bets on that fader being cheap junk? If so, what's the real benefit of opting for one of them over a portable that already exists and a Raden/Frisk? The major upside for me with regards to the PS7 was the innofader, so if that's gone then what's the point?

Edit: Just realised that's probably what the IF in the product ID stands for..... Yeah, I'm just that stupid sometimes.

Edited by klustor

It's USB charged, hopefully with some led's to indicate what juice is left. Not having to fit 6 D's its gonna be lighter and the design/dimensions won't be dictated to house that many large batteries, portable win IMO.

You'd still imagine it to be a bit cheap and plastic-y but time will tell, I should imagine me £25 second hand i-on deck modded with the rasteri fader board is gonna be more than enough to satisfy my portable cutting needs

• Like 1

USB charged is all good unless it's a non-replaceable battery and IMO it's less versatile since one you're out of juice that's it--no throwing in spare batteries. I generally dislike rechargeable devices if you can't tell -- with the exception of the Nintendo DS which has the longest battery ever!

Guest petesasqwax

Damn, I guess that's the problem with showing your hand before you're ready to play it. Yes, it builds up interest in a product which doesn't yet exist (including potential funding streams) but it also allows less scrupulous people (who will doubtless claim to have already had the unit in development before the PS7 announcement) to steal your thunder (/idea/whole product)

Well fuck em, I wouldn't support it out of principle now. I mean I know I'm only 1 person and it doesn't make much difference to them, but there's no denying that someone didn't flat out steal the design. Even if they had something in development before, what are the chances it would look identical?! I'd rather put up with popping faders or (with a bit of luck) snag one of these PCB and fader deals than support people with zero morals.

Update: yogafrog posted on FB that "we have not designed a portable turntable"

Assuming that he doesn't mean that some French chaps did and they robbed them, I guess the djworx article was erroneous?

If this is the case, I'm choosing to look at it as "if you didn't spend all your time and money doing this, what's been distracting you from pressing vinyl for the last two years?" ;)

Update: yogafrog posted on FB that "we have not designed a portable turntable"

Assuming that he doesn't mean that some French chaps did and they robbed them, I guess the djworx article was erroneous?

If this is the case, I'm choosing to look at it as "if you didn't spend all your time and money doing this, what's been distracting you from pressing vinyl for the last two years?" ;)

Not exactly erroneous, but in line with the one side of the discussion at the time. But it seems that there are two sides to every story, and it's more of a story for my probably-not-going-to-be-written memoirs than public consumption right now. But let's just say that a positive outcome is likely, and the right people will be involved.

• Like 2