SSS 21 . Whitstable edition .

sqratchsac

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

First SSS in a boozer. DANGER! DANGER!

Me and Ed can help sort stuff out, seeing as we're nearby.

Whitstable's nice.

I had a weekend away there last year but I had some kind of fevery thing and I woke up so drenched in sweat I thought I'd pissed the bed.

Nice seafood.

• Like 1

Nice seafood is nice.

This would have been the 1st SSS that our mate Jeff would have come to had he not moved to the other side of the planet a couple of weeks ago, darn it. He is a real guy everyone, we haven't made him up so as to look like we have friends.

In my 1st post i was gonna say, but was to lazy to, that Whitstable is where the trendy Londonite comes for a weekend away. Dopp fulfills prophecy, you are officially cool as a frigid air device. Hooray!

SSS is properly expanding i see; I had to google where that was! (says alot about my geography skillz i suspect)

There are enough regulars who can have logistical skills enough to organise something now, it seems, not just you having to do everything. It's becoming what you wanted it to, i think, in that it's almost a semi automatous event now. It will become sentient soon and go all Demon Seed.

Gav can we confirm the BBQ beef fest?

First SSS in a boozer. DANGER! DANGER!

Me and Ed can help sort stuff out, seeing as we're nearby.

Go Kent's! Its your time to shine. Whistable is nice area, one of the few small coastal towns that isn't a run down dated rats nest.

Shame the beach pavilion didn't come through, hey ho. Had a chat with Ed and Phil yesterday about the Pub, from what I understand it should from this point be referred as the boozer, gonna be a fun day.

Seeing as we'll have a captive (pissed) audience, I hoped we could bring a bit of structure to the day rather than the usual SSS free for all. Setting a time schedule at SSS is is akin to pissing in the wind, I was thinking 40-60minutes dedicated beat genre sets, boom bap, electro etc...regular changing intervals and hopefully a couple of band sections.

Thinking of the boozer inhabitants it would be wise to avoid 4bar loop rolling for 20mins. Having a 2-3+ beat selectors will keep things fresh through out the day, I'm happy to do some mixing but is any one else up for spinning beats to???

Also train station is literally a couple of minute walk from the boozer.

SSS is properly expanding i see; I had to google where that was! (says alot about my geography skillz i suspect)

You should see the website Jimmy! It's not done yet but soon will be. Looks pretty crackin.

Who came to the very first ever one?

I have the "poster" somewhere...

yeh i kept every photo/poster/file. Gave them all to Kutclass recently too.

first ever one was i think...

me, doob, you, soren, greg (Australian guy), maybe kengo?

you were they too mate!

...reading your book while i was watching F1 :)

That moment has crept into SSS folklore. When decades have passed and Hollywood finally makes the SSS biopic, I can see it opening with that very scene (before you go on to overcome the numerous odds and make that humble dream a worldwide success, of course).

• Like 1

Lots of good stuff going on with sss in the near future and ill share full details/ dates when confirmed about ... sss @ rooftop jam alldayer, sss @ bpm , sss@ a dj store opening, sss @ uk beatbox championships !!! As well as the standard csg bbq weekend.

all going well maybe some deals for sss heads on some very specific scratchy equipment.

Sss stickers in the works right now ..

website relaunch coming soon...a ton of other stuff on our wish list that we prob wont get done this year.

I guess its as good a time to ask... what do sss want / not want ?

• Like 1

As long as we don't decide to shorten it to Super Scratch and make the logo out of lightning bolts im good.

As long as we don't decide to shorten it to Super Scratch and make the logo out of lightning bolts im good.

Ez ..freinds , romans , scratchers , dudes , (and eric ) .

Couple of things :

Jim would of loved the other location but that didnt come through either , was nearly in (Herberts cycles ) my brothers bike shop , jim would of felt right at home in his lycra ! Dam

Yes to bbq fest mate , jus gotta invest in a cheap bbq , but seems wise as will use it this summer ! Donations on the day for burgers wud be cool .

Structuring of the day may not be to bad to begin with cus could be no one in for the start hours , but really appreciate the foresight of changing things every now and then , was very aware of this but totally didnt wanna make any change to our usual format , and hey tbh may jus be us till like 4pm .

Really hoping for good whether , real chummy "boozer" bang into its hip hop etc , yeah "good times"

One other thing is the poster , will get on my bros pc and get something whipped out . Lol

So good you said it twice

Haha, i was thinking the other day it would be funny to do one sss logo in that vain. Great minds, eh? Though it's a joke i'm not sure too many people would find that funny.

Everyone who wants to sound cool should now refer to the pub as "the nuclear" or the "battle cruiser" for that nautical faux cockney chic.