Super Duper Scratch Sunday/post DMC jam

Dubba Dutchdj

Guest Symatic

just got to the UK.

2 random thots:

-Taxi drivers always give me the coldest welcome here... like I dunno if they're just angry in general but last year I remember the driver being a massive dick, then this year the guy just looks at me and doesn't even ask where I'm going and I'm like "I need to go to Twickenham" and he threw his hands in the air and started cursing under his breath... is Twickenham like a ghetto?

It's because you're a dick

yep

Yeah I'm not going to make this.

Twickenham is quite posh but it's reasonably far out of London. That's probably why.

The cars though mate, they're not British. They're basically the same as all other European cars (with exceptions for driving side). That is to say they're smaller and more efficient than American cars. Even the Japanese ones have different designs for the US and European markets.

yooo, was nice meeting all you MF'ers finally, the session was too much fun altho I probs spent more time talking than scratching LOL wish I lived closer so I could hit these up more often/wish this kind of thing could pop off in Canada... like not just a scratch session, but that many people with that atmosphere/setup and that high of a level. Even if we did get a session that big popping off in Canada, if we tried to do a 7 person scratch band freestyle it would probably sound like 2 ahhs, 3 fresh's, 2 scratch drummers on top of one another and a serato tone pitch melody.

• Like 3

What a dope weekend, dmc dudes made this SSS special, so cool to have a cut with you guys. Switch and Vekked were fucking monsters on cut. Witnessing Jon's creativity with the one deck, digital/turntablism thing close up was a real treat and proper inspiring!

Huge shout out to everyone who made it down, the post DMC SSS jam session is definitely a keeper.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

It sure was.

Massive props to the organisers and hosts, cheers for setting up a mad rinse up.

Great to catch up with the regulars and really good to meet you new guys, not forgetting the DMC heads, nice to meet Jon and Vekked in person, as well as Switch. Top bunch of guys all round, with really nice cuts to boot.

Boo, to Jimmy for not coming and for renouncing scratching ;)

Yeah, what a great weekend. Thanks so much to everyone who came down and made it that.

Really cool to finally meet Jon and Vekked... the future of DJ battling couldn't be in the hands of two nicer, more talented guys. Big respect to Switch for coming and joining our little get together too - really sound guy and terrifying to have to cut straight after.

Aside from meeting cyber-friends in real life, it was a real honour to have world champions come to our session.

It was great to attend finally :) You guys are beeeeeasts! I felt my cuts were a bit samey yesterday, a combination of drilling routines for weeks without freestyling for a while and being a bit tired i think haha.

Guest rasteri

Rasteri - which end exactly? Can't promise miracles straight away, but we are tentatively looking to expand our reach a little.

Aberdeen.

There's quite a few scottish scratch heads, perhaps something could be organised in edinburgh...

Guest Symatic

do that man! just link here. me and tableturnsmore are on about a bristol session.

wicked weekend. big shout out to marv for letting us use his spot.

i was a bit worse for ware on sunday but had an excellent time

wicked to meet you finally vekked

• 1 month later...

I pestered Rob Abbotts for his footage and did the edit. Some nice footage , tried to keep the scenes with background noise to a minimum.

Did anyone else get any footage that they have sitting on a camera that they would like to have edited ? if so give me a shout. Or if you've already uploaded to youtube share some links !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQBYYn39VAA