Your DJ promo pics and logos?

Steve

If a site was to ask you for a promo photo of yourself, would would you send them?

Also, if you have a logo for your DJ name, post that up too.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I'm interested to see what you guys got.

there was a similar thread on dnba, we ended up calling it 'Post Photos of Yourself Going On Emo' or something along those lines.

im not sure i have one, i'll have a look when i get home. Def dont have a logo tho.

I did 2 diff photo shoots for promo pics and stuff in the last couple weeks, super awkward when they get you to do poses and stuff :S, lol

and just got a logo designed for my soon to be site... should be up before June if all goes well

Does anyone know anyone that's good at logos/graphics? I could do with getting a couple of things sorted out.

My mate Matt did the SSS one, his website is www.cw3design.tumblr.com if you're interested in looking at his stuff.

thats what im not sure about. I gave matt £50 for his time and efforts, but he's also doing the posters. He's always offered loads of support and help too so im gonna send him a T shirt as extra thanks.

that seems reasonable to me, but i still dont know what the going rate is. i might have just shafted myself.... or got a right bargain.

local DJ who just finished graphic/web design school and has a background as a visual artist... I've gotten a few people to do them so far but it seems like either a) people are shit for various reasons, or b) they're really expensive. I'd recommend finding someone who makes stuff that already looks like how you'd want... like if you can find someone who has a bunch of logo's that you'd pretty much like if they just said your name, that's probably a good option. It might be obvious but the problems I've had so far are:

-Someone is really skilled and makes great stuff but nothing that it's really "my" style, so they send me a bunch of ideas and it's all stuff I don't like.

-Someone's a really good designer but not that great of an artist, so they can make exactly what I want, but that's what I came to them for... so their original ideas are generally the worst even though they can make really professional looking stuff

-Someone's a really great artist but not a great designer. They'll come up with cool ideas but can't really do anything past drawing them. Not completely bad because if you get an idea you like from them at least you can take it to #2 and get it done up properly.

But if you can just find a #1 who does stuff that's in the vein of what you like then it's ideal. I think for $ to skill ratio, you wanna look for someone who is in graphic design school or just finishing... once they get established it'll be really expensive, and most of the cheap people who haven't went to school for it are cheap cuz they're shit. This is just my experience so far, not super extensive tho.

thats what im not sure about. I gave matt £50 for his time and efforts, but he's also doing the posters. He's always offered loads of support and help too so im gonna send him a T shirt as extra thanks.

that seems reasonable to me, but i still dont know what the going rate is. i might have just shafted myself.... or got a right bargain.

I think you got a bargain mostly. It depends how extensive it is but I think $400 is kinda normal for a proper logo all said and done (usually counting a lot of revisions).

My problem is, I don't really know what I want until I see it, like I couldn't tell a designer "OK, I want it to look like this and this".

@Chris - I'll pick "cheap" and "good". Let me know when it's ready. :p

My problem is, I don't really know what I want until I see it, like I couldn't tell a designer "OK, I want it to look like this and this".

Same here, that's why I'm saying find someone who has done a bunch of stuff that you like and could see yourself using of that style, ideally you'll find someone who can draft something that's 90% to your liking and you can go from there. You don't really want someone who you'll have to give a bunch of guidance to, I'm personally super shit at trying to express what I want in graphics cuz I literally have no experience in it, they might as well be explaining a scratch they want to hear to me.

@Chris - I was joking, but if you could do it, that would be great!

@Matt - I just couldn't do it mate. I'd feel like too much of a dick. Thankfully I'm just a bedroom DJ that nobody knows, so I can get away with not having a website with pics of me on it. :d

Mind you, who doesn't think that this guy looks cool?.....

http://i.imgur.com/W2JpEYD.jpg

lol!

I designed my own logo (see avatar), a logo for the Medusa Bar in Brighton (please Google it and click on images - it's like, the second image and the first one with the record is their flyer) and a couple of other things. I'll design something if you like. I'll need some more info but am really good at nailing this stuff... usually.

Oh and for £30, once you've signed off on it, I will give you a high-def files and 2 weeks of "can I have it in blah, blah format for my printers". After that, you're on your own. ;)

Guest broke

I designed my own logo (see avatar),

It looks familiar

This is my official press photo. After they've seen this, they couldn't give a shit whether or not I've got a logo... they just know I'm "not quite what they were looking for".

ROFFLE