Anyone doing DMC Online this year?

Steve

I'm recording my routine later. I'm gonna dress up as The Hooded Claw and scratch a sample of Penelope Pitstop saying "heeeyulllp!" over a Skrillex tune at +50%, then I rip off the costume to reveal a much skimpier version of the same costume before juggling "you gotta speed it up and then you gotta slow it down" from Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz, then it ends with me lighting a small indoor firework.

• Like 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjZGhjgC1U

I am :d...

Haven't visited here for awhile now. Would love to see more forum members entering this year.

Oh btw, I feel the audio is cutting off during the scratch... I have optimized my laptop to run Traktor but still I don't feel very comfortable when scratching with timecode. It always produces the high-pitch noise and rumbles when moving the timecode back and forth. Anyone know how to solve it...?

Edited by ccube
  • Like 1

god I should've entered this round... a lot of entries but the level is really low compared to other DMC online rounds... unless I just haven't watched the super sick routines yet or something, but watched all the names I knew and all the leaderboard

Guest broke

I'll probs be in but not this round

Likewise. I had something semi-ready, but then I got all caught up in making something more complicated and I missed the deadline.

god I should've entered this round... a lot of entries but the level is really low compared to other DMC online rounds... unless I just haven't watched the super sick routines yet or something, but watched all the names I knew and all the leaderboard

No, you're right. Not a good round. Hesa was good, plus I have to give it up to one of the other Sydney guys, Anthony Scratchnuts, for using real records.

Try Dj Pol from India, Gospol from Ghana or Filespnr on an iPad maybe...

There's one guy using aniPad who's been hating on nearly every other entrant. I say 'nearly' because he seems to only like complete trash. His name is Steve.

Vekked you should enter this round... We need at least one Canadian to go through this low quality round lol.

Haha too late now. I think Jimmi Riggz could have a shot, his juggling is some of the best in the battle but he didn't scratch at all, and I dunno if he'll get the public votes to make top 10.

Hi boys and girls,

Pub Trop here! SOrry I've not been about much. I've been working all hours god (PBUH) sends to pay off some debts and fines I've incurred over tha past couple of months, If it wern't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all hehe!

neway I paid this guy in france quite a bit of money to help me work out a routine but so far hes not sent me the files. he promised to send them be4 easter but hes not replying to my texts. im sure hes just busy.

if u read this le jad hi and thanks again for your help - looking forward to getting the final files send over by the end of the week.

all the best take care god bless

pub

Anyone know what the jazz is with the judging.

they're not using talent house, and there seems to be a 5 star system.

so is it the person with the best average or most votes or what... i haven't logged in so i haven't had a good look.

also is there any mention of prizes for the heats??

they went a bit mad with the prizes last year, so i'm wondering if they've cut back...

i personally think this is the best one so far...

http://www.dmcdjonline.com/watch.php?t=watch&v=NTg=

Basically top 10 public vote go to the judges, and the top 3 picked by judges go to the final, every round. They're not giving prizes for heats because it was encouraging people to outright cheat and it was exclusively terrible DJs who won the prizes for each heat.

Guest broke

So Vek, I thought it had to be one take but I've seen a couple of clips where the camera angle changes. Do you know the rule there? I'd have assumed it was one take only.

the first year there was a rule saying 'one take only', 'one angle has to be in shot at all times'.

last year there was no such rule and a few djs, including finalists, took advantage of it

there's no mention of it in the rules this year either

@Vekked- did dmc say that about prizes?