Anyone doing DMC Online this year?

Steve

Basically top 10 public vote go to the judges, and the top 3 picked by judges go to the final, every round. They're not giving prizes for heats because it was encouraging people to outright cheat and it was exclusively terrible DJs who won the prizes for each heat.

is it a number of votes or a rating tho? seen as below the vid there is 5 stars to rate//

or a combination of the two do you know...??

Basically top 10 public vote go to the judges, and the top 3 picked by judges go to the final, every round. They're not giving prizes for heats because it was encouraging people to outright cheat and it was exclusively terrible DJs who won the prizes for each heat.

is it a number of votes or a rating tho? seen as below the vid there is 5 stars to rate//

or a combination of the two do you know...??

It's not explained :/ but I think year one (that used this system) was total stars.

Lol this guy is top 10 right now:

I feel like a bunch of these spazzes don't realize that they still have to be put top 3 of 10 by the judges...

well that was awful. Also, i'd mark him down for the lack of the use of features he implements from the CDJ900.

why have them if you arent goona use them properly. especially for a routine thing like this.

I like your post Vekked!

Your post is awesome!

I have subscribed in case there are more awesome posts from you!

I liked your post!

Subscribed!

You are great!

Short sentence obviously posted by fake account!

but how does the fucker get 15,000 views in a week....?

he has 2,300 subscribers though..

and how has ne not learned to count bars... he's had a year since last year to at least try.

fishy fishiness

I can't figure out how his video has got so many views. The first day it was on YouTube, he hardly had any, but by the end of the second day he had about 8,000 views.

Here's the tags he's using: -

dmc

competition

scratch

beatjuggling

turntablism

djing

darkpsycho

dj darkpsycho

Nothing really stands out there.

You can't just set the page to auto-refresh every second in a web browser, because YouTube are wise to that shit, lol.

Maybe he's used the paid promo option? Or maybe he just has loads of Facebook friends. Fuck knows.

well given that he has a bunch of comments and the accounts have a lot of variation (still a bunch made last month, but some are years old), I'm guessing it's some sort of paid thing or he's a computer wizard of some sort... but the thing is there's no prizes for rounds and you don't get to the finals without going through judges this year sooo why do this? lol

Guest broke

and how has ne not learned to count bars... he's had a year since last year to at least try.

There are so many clips with wack shit like that. The DJs don't really understand what they're doing, neither do their friends/viewers, BUT ZOMG DID YOU SEE HOW QUICKLY HE WENT FROM ONE RECORD TO THE OTHER (POUNDS LIKE BUTTON)

triple facepalm

Guest petesasqwax

slightly off topic, but are there any competitions - or just platforms in general - that focus upon pushing things forward solely from a musical perspective, rather than a performer angle? Don't get me wrong, the entertainment aspect of tablism is interesting to me (Ugly Mac Beer cutting around Paris with his QFO ftw!) - but remember when Toad & Excess first did their loop pedal routines? Is there anywhere where that kind of thing is being taken further? Doesn't even have to be competitive, really