Having someone else create your DMC routine.....

Steve

ps..me saying the dmc are pricks..i just meant the pricks in the UK world hq...Christie z pabon should have been given the reigns years ago...the current pricks are just ...well pricks who i can only compare to dogshit on a shoe.

Although, Christie can be an asshole too. She's banned "That Kid Named Cee" from all US events because she didn't like his opinion of how the US DMCs were being run.

I think she has genuine love for the art form, but she is a bit uptight... She lost my respect after she had a fit about people filming regional DMC heats on their camera phones - bearing in mind that DMC wasn't filming the events in question and when someone pointed out that some of us in the UK couldn't make it to watch all the US heats, she politely implied we were born in the wrong country.

• Like 1

Thats what i mean....a dj is just the controller of records,if hes very clever he can make his own music because...lets face it...this has what its come down to.

Djs have rinsed all the good stuff.

No way have DJs rinsed all the good stuff! There's no good samples or songs to use in a routine that haven't been rinsed to death by others? I think it's because you have some DJs that learn scratching/juggling and who put tons of practice into it, but who don't have a great depth of music knowledge when it comes to picking out tracks and samples - that is part of the skill of being a DJ and creating something though.

Also, I think flipping original creations can actually go against you in a battle, because some of what I enjoy is hearing something I'm familiar with being flipped in a new way - Vekked's Cypress Hill juggle for instance. If he was doing the same juggle with some bleepy EDM-sounding track that he made himself, it wouldn't be as impressive to me.

• Like 1

Guest loop skywalker

Vekked has ticked all the boxes for a brilliant routine in my book...thats the shit we dont see anymore...plus with his stage presence..win/win.

BUT...thats not where dj battles are anymore...for some absurd reason people have got lazy..wont use real tunes and bizzare as it seems in my brain..they want to produce their own sounds???/

• Like 1

There's still plenty of good shit out there to flip....

I think having someone make a routine for you ior Gove you one of their own routines is lazy and wack (unless you significantly flip the latter) but having someone add a few sounds to an existing beat you've been building a routine around, which is what producers like le jad do most of the time, is fine.