Vekked Joke DMC Online Set

Vekked

I figured it would add to the atmosphere of my set if I just broke into someone's house and quickly recorded it before the police got there.

GANGSTAH

Thanks for the feedbacks guys :)

I thought the whole "theme" of it made it special - with the intro and shirt and all. I take it you were dissing skrillex with your own juggle version of his song?

Word, I didn't really intend to go the "What happened to the hip-hop??" route, but it seemed like a good angle to take after seeing a lot of the other sets.

I wasn't really dissing Skrillex, I put that in the title to get more views LOL. The real diss is to the unimaginative DJs using the same tracks over and over. Skrillex was by far the most used artist, with Bangarang being the most used track I believe.

I liked it bro. Great routine. In terms of criticism (I'm not routine expert) I disagree with Broke. The Cypress juggle is dope and my favourite part of the routine. I like the rayban vision juggle but I'd prefer if you had done a fully Old School set and made as funks as it could be with a dope ass vocal cut up juggle and some trick mixing. Although I know its 2012 and you're trying to win the DMC's. I think you know you need to tighten it up (Flu etc) especially the cutting with the up fader cut outs! I always look forward to your sets though man technically I think they are some of the most advanced out there at the moment and bags of funk too. Well done young man!

I liked it bro. Great routine. In terms of criticism (I'm not routine expert) I disagree with Broke. The Cypress juggle is dope and my favourite part of the routine. I like the rayban vision juggle but I'd prefer if you had done a fully Old School set and made as funks as it could be with a dope ass vocal cut up juggle and some trick mixing. Although I know its 2012 and you're trying to win the DMC's. I think you know you need to tighten it up (Flu etc) especially the cutting with the up fader cut outs! I always look forward to your sets though man technically I think they are some of the most advanced out there at the moment and bags of funk too. Well done young man!

Word man, respect for the feedback, I appreciate hearing it from non-routine experts all the same :p.

Yea I've thought about doing a throwback type set eventually (a lot of stuff I've been working on lately is leaning towards it, have a couple funk juggles that I think have potential). This year I was leaning towards doing something a bit more modern since my Do I Have to Tell You scratch and Ray Ban juggle were the first parts I finished, then I did had the Goonies juggles I used for the 2 minute part of DMC online and everything was from 2010 or newer. I had the Cypress juggle as just a showcase routine, and I did a few showcases before DMC online and the end of that juggle probably got the most reaction/good feedback of any routine, at least any juggle... so I ditched modern theme in favour of just trying to do a better set. The Goonies juggle is a pain to execute too kinda, lol.

But yea, appreciate the kind words man. Gonna keep working on my set for the Canadian finals, and hopefully get another shot at the worlds. When all is said and done I'll try and post the final clean version of the set.

• Like 1