Vekked Joke DMC Online Set

Vekked

sickness brother, wow i feel so proud that i got you on your juggling journy .

good shit.

haha word, I'm glad you inspired me to get into it that fateful day... been grinding juggling hard this year, probably the first year I've juggled more than I've scratched (I think, maybe 50/50).

Wicked.

Really highlights how few patterns some of the other entrants use when juggling their double time, robot drum fill, shitty rave beats.

Unlike quite few other entries, it sounds as though you actually like music.

word! damn that's what I like to hear (the patterns thing)... so many times I see people doing juggles and I'm breaking down the patterns and thinking "man this is the equivalent to doing like 30 seconds straight of chirps or something" but dudes program a synth melody that progresses every bar to cover up the repetition. Kinda defeats the purpose of even doing it to me, other than to get check marks in a competition.

Whats wrong with your hat? Is looks like a skullcap with a brim sewn on!

Nice routine man! My favourite of all of them in fact.

DISSES SKRILLEX AND OTHER IDIOTS

lol.

Indeed. Good disses and nice set.

I DON'T CARE IF THEY SAY YOU CHUBBY VEK THAT SHIT WAS FIYAH

Solid routine, but you want criticism? Here we go:

Intro is dope, bring back dissing etc... the only thing is that Premo sample has been used a lot...

I'd go straight from that into the Ray-Ban Vision juggle (HAWT)... You've got better stuff than the Cypress juggle. To me, if you diss 'non hip-hop' stuff then go into Cypress it sort of give off a 'stuck in the 90s' vibe IMO. In fact if you diss people then come with anything that isn't original it seems like you're saying 'hey you have to stick to the formula', which I know isn't what you're saying, but it can come across like that.. .some salty old dj etc

The last third, the rock stuff, not my cup of tea but still solid. Maybe try to add some drumming or juggling into the cut routine.

AND DID YOU FILM THAT SHIT INSIDE A CARDBOARD BOX? CHECK OUT YOUR FUCKIN HOOD ASS CURTAIN I.E. THE CUT UP BED SHEET GAFFER TAPED OVER THE window. P.S. I'M PRETTY SURE THEY GOT SHELVES FOR RECORDS IN CANADA NOW

p.p.s. which KRKs are they? I was thinking about getting the Rokit 6s.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, means a lot, some of these routines (particularly rayban/wack routine) have been in the works almost since last DMC season, lol. Glad people are feeling them.

I DON'T CARE IF THEY SAY YOU CHUBBY VEK THAT SHIT WAS FIYAH

Solid routine, but you want criticism? Here we go:

Intro is dope, bring back dissing etc... the only thing is that Premo sample has been used a lot...

I'd go straight from that into the Ray-Ban Vision juggle (HAWT)... You've got better stuff than the Cypress juggle. To me, if you diss 'non hip-hop' stuff then go into Cypress it sort of give off a 'stuck in the 90s' vibe IMO. In fact if you diss people then come with anything that isn't original it seems like you're saying 'hey you have to stick to the formula', which I know isn't what you're saying, but it can come across like that.. .some salty old dj etc

The last third, the rock stuff, not my cup of tea but still solid. Maybe try to add some drumming or juggling into the cut routine.

AND DID YOU FILM THAT SHIT INSIDE A CARDBOARD BOX? CHECK OUT YOUR FUCKIN HOOD ASS CURTAIN I.E. THE CUT UP BED SHEET GAFFER TAPED OVER THE window. P.S. I'M PRETTY SURE THEY GOT SHELVES FOR RECORDS IN CANADA NOW

p.p.s. which KRKs are they? I was thinking about getting the Rokit 6s.

Haha wicked, thanks for the feedback breh. Yea figuring out what to use as my first juggle has been a pain. The big was that when I added the intro I had like exactly a minute left in my routine for a juggle, and the cypress and classical/goonies juggles were the only ones that fit. I played both out in front of crowds a few times and cypress arguably got the most reaction of any of my sets, at least the platter off part of it, so that was the decider for me, seemed to have more wow factor at the end. Originally I was making it for KOTD where the crowd is hip-hop or die. But yea I actually have an idea I've been working on that feels like it'll be good so hopefully gonna swap cypress.

I really wanted to do drumming in my routine too, but again time was an issue. I'm going to try and work it in somewhere though. Might be able to add it around the "you wanna battle" in the cut routine, that's my least fav part of the routine I think.

LOL Brace (/namedrop) said the exact same thing after seeing the vid, he's like here's a gift you can treat yourself with for finishing your set *links IKEA shelves*

And the KRKs are the 10s. I was gonna get smaller but I had no speakers at the time so my choice was get 10s that day, or wait a few weeks with no speakers. They're pretty awesome though DJing/music, they bass is really solid and they're loud, I could easily play a house party with them.

great routine, and yup, the ray ban vision juggle is the highlight for me. definitely top 3 material, but you'll need some luck with the judging.

thanks man! yea it's the highlight for me too, haha. Yea I dunno, I wish I had time to do a cleaner take, some of the other routines are basically flawless.

yeah , i enjoyed it and think your gonna show a lot of people up that have way over produced their sets. Going to be pretty crazy judging this battle when you start comparing side by side. Production can't be a point scorer.

4.16 snare pattern is sick.

so are you gonna come to the UK if you win ??

ok so i finally found time to watch the video. i really like the set overall, very good juggle patterns and scratch skills + i definitely liked that it is different from the specifically produced sets. nice one and good luck!

but i agree with broke - the room looks like you moved in 10 minute before you recorded the video...

ok so i finally found time to watch the video. i really like the set overall, very good juggle patterns and scratch skills + i definitely liked that it is different from the specifically produced sets. nice one and good luck!

LOL you troll, I thought you watched already w/ your last comment. Thx I tried to keep it pretty balanced and take it back to what I think DJ battling should be about... nothing wrong with produced sets, but a lot of the production people are doing actually takes away from the skill instead of adds these days. Glad you enjoyed it tho Yung Kraut.

but i agree with broke - the room looks like you moved in 10 minute before you recorded the video...

I figured it would add to the atmosphere of my set if I just broke into someone's house and quickly recorded it before the police got there.