• dopp
    • eric
    • goonie
    • jimmy penguin
    • jon
    • kut class
    • motek
    • symatic

sick, good standard of cuts fo sho. I think my top 3 are jimmy/eric/dissonance (I wish diss had better sound though, hard to hear some stuff). I think I have a winner but I'm gonna check em out a couple more times first.

I wish I had better sound, too! Hopefully soon....just need to buy a couple gigs of memory and I'm good to multi-track again!!!

thanks for the kind words, btw.

I went for Symatic, slightly ahead of Jimmy P. Jimmy's scratch/battle routines often have that little something about them that makes them stand out - just cool little things that most other DJs don't do - but I didn't really like the fast cutting in the middle on this occasion.

I really liked Goonie's file too, so I would have had that in the top 3 or 4 I reckon.

I think a lot of these were really nice with a good balance of flow/tech. I agree with chile that eric had some suuuper sick combo's, but I also agree he lacked a bit of flow. Jimmy had a crazy original/weird flow, and although he didn't have as many combo's that popped out like eric's, he had that kind of slept on technical style... like his simple stabs and transforms were just so quick and precise and is actually some of the hardest shit to do, much harder than a lot of the more impressive sounding tear-flare type techniques a lot of ppl do. So yea, Jimmy had that crazy flow but his stuff was also super technical so I gotta give it to him.

Diss also had a dope file but alas it was hard to hear some of it, but it was really flowing and worked with the beat well.

• Like 1

again...thanks for the kind words, Vekked!

I don't consider myself to be much on the solo....so, this made me pretty happy.

I was just trying to keep some funky swing in there.....

KutClass: I'm still planning on spitting a little something to this, btw.

ps. had it been any louder...you would have noticed the slop.

;)

WTF? I can only vote for myself once? This competition is fixed!

Thanks for any nice things said about my sloppy submission... Particularly viewers getting a boner. This must be how Paris Hilton felt when her sex tape leaked on the Internet.

#mustpracticemore

This must be how Paris Hilton felt when her sex tape leaked on the Internet.

Did she also say:

Thanks for any nice things said about my sloppy submission...

??

Probably. Has anyone actually seen that? I've never bothered. She's all skin and bones. It'd be like shagging a broom.

Guest loop skywalker

i just gotta say all were outstanding quality...ive gone for Jon as i really like the spin he put on the "pump me up" part of his routine.I havent seen that type of thing before.....also Jimmy Penguin really amazingly excellent and everyone else for that matter but Jon gets it by a gnats winkle over Jimmy in my eyes/ears.

@Eric. Could I possibly offer some constructive criticism after listening to your file again. Please don't take this the wrong way as the only reason I am bothering to type this is because I already think you are really good on the cut (Way better than me) but I do think you could be amazing.

I would suggest that you altogether stop practicing combos, techniques and new scratches for a while. Like actual practice type practice where you do the same things over and over to perfect them. I recon your technique is sharp as hell anyway and your style would possibly benefit from you ignoring the techniques and just flowing for a bit. As said, your cuts are mad sharp but when I am listening it's almost like I can tell what you are thinking of doing next. Like combo after combo that you are planning on doing instead of getting lost in the moment and flowing. I would say next time you practice try switching out the lights, closing your eyes and just cutting without thinking.

I realise that I possibly sound like some deranged hippy and I probably don't have the credentials to be dishing out advice but I just recon I would love to hear your cuts if you incorporated this kind of style.

• Like 1