Community Skratch starts this week!

NozL

We normally end up with a freestyle at the end but not super long. Like 15 mins or something.

The thing is 90% of scratch shows are shit. No atmosphere, everyone bored, a bunch of people with their heads down ahhing over a beat.

When we done the first event here the guy organising it said he was gonna do set showcases with a little music between it. I was a little sceptical thinking there should be more freestyles, jams ect. I was totally wrong. the way it works is like a propper show. Keeps it interesting and more professional. Gives people time to digest things and enjoy the shows too without getting bored at watching 45 mins of ahhh fresh. At every one so far there has been a killer atmosphere with people right into it as can be seen on the comunity scratch vids.

I have been to a few other scratch jams around the world where it has been nothing like that and a bit boring and this exact reason is why.

Having said that there has always been a freestyle at the end. ;)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We normally end up with a freestyle at the end but not super long. Like 15 mins or something.

The thing is 90% of scratch shows are shit. No atmosphere, everyone bored, a bunch of people with their heads down ahhing over a beat.

When we done the first event here the guy organising it said he was gonna do set showcases with a little music between it. I was a little sceptical thinking there should be more freestyles, jams ect. I was totally wrong. the way it works is like a propper show. Keeps it interesting and more professional. Gives people time to digest things and enjoy the shows too without getting bored at watching 45 mins of ahhh fresh. At every one so far there has been a killer atmosphere with people right into it as can be seen on the comunity scratch vids.

I have been to a few other scratch jams around the world where it has been nothing like that and a bit boring and this exact reason is why.

Having said that there has always been a freestyle at the end. ;)

when we did "a kut above the rest" we tried to make it more of a performance at one point, cos really cutting is only interesting to those who cut after about 5 minutes. and there's only about 20 of them there and these guys weren't heavy drinkers.

Does anyone know anywhere online I should try and advertise the different local gigs? Any ideas?

have you posted on scratchworx? individual facebook pages for each gig done by someone you know nearby like im doing. search your my space for folk that live in the area. local gig guides suprising how many folk check them usually quite cheap too!

Does anyone know anywhere online I should try and advertise the different local gigs? Any ideas?

have you posted on scratchworx? individual facebook pages for each gig done by someone you know nearby like im doing. search your my space for folk that live in the area. local gig guides suprising how many folk check them usually quite cheap too!

nice one joe. Am already on some of these:-) do you have a link to your facebook page as I don't have a proper facebook account, would be good to see how the fan pages work..

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106047251847

its not a fan page man its an event page. I dont use the fan page thing it seems a bit pointless. you have a group set up on FB I think Ian done it you should exploit it by inviting loads of folk and then you can multi invite them to anything anyone does. I done this page through Ill Technicians coz we have more folk than you.

good luck man!

• 3 weeks later...

Kut Klass, Camby and myself will be there on sunday for sure. I might be able to come to saturday's show as well. Should be bringing a few more heads down on sunday. Can't wait!

Wicked. Nice one Jon, will be good to see you again.

Was just going to say I will probably be attempting a live stream on ustream on some of the Thurs/ Sunday shows..

yep i'll be there on Sunday - was down in brighton yesterday, absolute scorcher, hope the weather holds up for next sun