Chirp-stab-combo

Ryan

..but made it out to be alot more complicated in my h33d.

Trick is use the tip of the sample to eliminate the back wards sound of the chirp so the fader motion doesn't change at all. Just the record placement if that makes sense?

I only caught on to this a few minutes ago. so its a very basic example. Will post more when i get the swing of it. I can hear some str8 fonky patterns for this one.

>>>Click Here You Dumb Mawtherfucker<<

Trick is use the tip of the sample to eliminate the back wards sound of the chirp so the fader motion doesn't change at all. Just the record placement if that makes sense?

I only caught on to this a few minutes ago. so its a very basic example. Will post more when i get the swing of it. I can hear some str8 fonky patterns for this one.

sounds nice but you explained it like a cunt.. post a vid you fumb duck!!!

x

sounds nice but you explained it like a cunt.. post a vid you fumb duck!!!

x

I can't explain scratches (as you can see) don't know why i bothered trying

If you're doing what I think you're doing then I do them by chirping with the wrist, then to get the stab I let my fingers come off the fader more at the end of the forwards bit of the chirp so that backstroke of the chirp isn't heard (I'm regular not hamster).

So it's really a chirp with a delayed open of the fader on the backstroke, so if you only use the very start of the sound you don't hear the backstroke...

Is that what you're doing?

I think this is the cut Adam showed but a while back...n00b!

Really? Things like this happen to me all the time. I thought i invented the delayed 2clicker, scratch drumming, and sticker looping.

Not to say i never expected anybody to have combo'd chirps with stabs. I was just giving my variation of it

If you're doing what I think you're doing then I do them by chirping with the wrist, then to get the stab I let my fingers come off the fader more at the end of the forwards bit of the chirp so that backstroke of the chirp isn't heard (I'm regular not hamster).

So it's really a chirp with a delayed open of the fader on the backstroke, so if you only use the very start of the sound you don't hear the backstroke...

I'm not sure i understand what you typed. But i don't think thats what i'm doing.

To be honest though. the more i try it out and listen back, it kinda just sounds like someone not catching chirps properly hah..

Can you upload the beat? ;)

No.

I'm not sure i understand what you typed. But i don't think thats what i'm doing.

To be honest though. the more i try it out and listen back, it kinda just sounds like someone not catching chirps properly hah..

I think you're just keeping the fader close for the backstroke of the chirp....

naw leaving it open. Kinda like a faderless stab. Using some of the dead space between the beep and the start of the ahh to get only one sound. Make sense?

naw leaving it open. Kinda like a faderless stab. Using some of the dead space between the beep and the start of the ahh to get only one sound. Make sense?

Hmmm - don't get you....

If you push forward from dead space into the ahh, you need to do something to stop the backwards sound...

Pulling back from the sound back into the deadspace will still make a sound... just a shorter one :s

I think I understand it. The fader movement is consistent, but when you're doing the stab part, you start with the record positioned a bit further back. You catch the tip of the sample going forward, but you've already closed the fader as it's on the way back because you're not going as far into the sample as you are with a chirp.

I think I understand it. The fader movement is consistent, but when you're doing the stab part, you start with the record positioned a bit further back. You catch the tip of the sample going forward, but you've already closed the fader as it's on the way back because you're not going as far into the sample as you are with a chirp.

What I was trying to say is that with a chirp you open the fader as you start going back, you click exactly on the turn, so if you want to hide the backwards part you need to either pull it back out of the sample before you open again or keep the fader closed until you're back out of the sample. Kind of the same thing looked at from a different angle.

If Ryan was as good at explaining cuts as he is at continental toasting techniques we'd know if we're all talking about the same thing or not...

Exactly!

Thank you steve.

*edit i should be banned from this section.

Exactly!

Thank you steve.

The bit I don't get is that a chirp is mirrored around the click, if you start pulling backwards and open the fader at the same time then you will hear something. That's why I think you must be delaying opening the fader, even if it's only a teeny weeny delay...

Exactly!

Thank you steve.

The bit I don't get is that a chirp is mirrored around the click, if you start pulling backwards and open the fader at the same time then you will hear something. That's why I think you must be delaying opening the fader, even if it's only a teeny weeny delay...

What does it matter dood? you already said in yer first post you can do it!

This back and forth of us not understanding each other is pretty pointless.

Now lets just cyber high 5 and forget about it

Exactly!

Thank you steve.

What does it matter dood? you already said in yer first post you can do it!

This back and forth of us not understanding each other is pretty pointless.

Now lets just cyber high 5 and forget about it

It sounds better when you do it,..

now shut up and help me bite you