Your input on Bloodied Blade t-shirt designs DUBSTEP

NozL

We've been doing some Bloodied Blade t-shirt designs here at the NozL Headquarters recently, but we've being finding it tough to choose a particular favourite. So... we would like your input as to the preference of the design ideas. Feel free to put forward any more of your own ideas which you may have. (1 colour silk screen print btw)

The t-shirts will be available in the next couple of months to coincide with the next "Three Styles of Death" release in a month or two. The t-shirt will be available on the www.nozl.co.uk site, as well as part of a discount package with the forthcoming record. (and they're going to be cheap as chips, so get on it :-))

Here are the 11 initial idea designs: (The one with "Dubstep Warriors" or "Dubstep Assassins" writing on could be applied to whichever design was chosen, or not)

Like I said they are just general ideas so far. The images on the t-shirts aren't necessarily going to be used, thery are just giving you an idea of the type of imagery we like.

Basically Kung Fu images + Bloodied Blade writing maybe with "Dubstep Warriors" etc somewhere.

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/bloodiedblade" target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/bloodiedblade</a>" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/bloodiedblade" target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/bloodiedblade</a></a>

Edited by NozL

Yeah I agree - the pics are a bit too block like. The fourth on is probably the best because the edges aren't so defined. Also are you printing the black. They'd look good with just the white printed - the tshirt underneath providing the black.

TBH though I don't like the font and you've used that for all of the designs.

Cheers so far people.

Our first choice would just be our own Bloodied Blade logo (of which we do have t-shirts for ourselves) however, as we want to sell them for as cheap as we'd like to buy them (if we were customers) then a 1 colour screen print is the way forward and we have a guy ready to do them.

As for the font... the font which is used is the same font we use on the actual vinyl labels etc for the writing. That's why it was applied to this. It works on the labels, whether a few of you don't think it works on the t-shirt... that is up to you... and is also why the thread is here. :-)

The images... are just examples so far. Yes they may be geeky, but our Lone Wolf is very much a kung fu geek so why mince about with anything subtle. In your face classic Kung Fu is what we're after. However, yes we'd like to go for our Bloodied Blade logo... but for a 1 colour screen print it hasn't seemed to work well with it. If we could get a colour printing run of t-shirts for as cheap as we want to sell the t-shirts for, then there'd be no worries. We'll see how it goes.

Keep going though fellas, your input is valued :-)

Everyone's opinion is different, but it's just interesting to see how people sway. Cheers so far.

i think it looks to rectangular but if the white was the only print colour then it would be sorted on most of the pics....liking the designs though

Nozl, really loving the BB stuff -quality

Don't sell yourself short with a shitty 1 colour print T shirt. I understand what you're saying about the low cost being what your customers say they want, but I don't think any of the designs here live up to the music you're putting out. Fans will pay a premium for a quality product -I know I would.

The new guy we may be getting them from does rubber images, so the quality won't be shitty, and neither will the quality of the garment.

He is going to to do a test run of a shirt to see if we like it, so we'll see it at first hand.

Designs are very opinionated, so we can never get it right everytime. Sure, we understand people would pay more for the highest quality tees with full colour rubber print, however it is also a massive outlay for us to run on a minimum of X amount of shirts (plus setup charge) at an expensive £X without a guarantee of X amount of people buying them. Roman Abramovich isn't our chairman :-) unfortunately.

Still, we won't stand for getting shit quality shirts, the shirts that we do get done, we just want to sell them at a low price. When we sell goods cheaply it isn't because customers are getting shit, it's because we want people to have the items at a very affordable price (like when I'm on the constant lookout for bargains!:-)). For example we only charge £4 for our Bloodied Blade 'Rivers of Shaolin' vinyl on our nozl site, so when the £2 delivery charge is added on it equates to the same price as you'd pay by going into your local record store and picking it out of the rack and handing over £6 (some shops charge up to £8 for records).

See we are nice people :d

Glad you like the tracks though Liam. Cheers.

If you know of any quality graphic designers who would want to voluntarily contribute to a design then let us know.

Edited by NozL