• Digital Performer / Audio Desk
    • Sonar / Catewalk
    • Samplitude / other Magix
    • Tracktion
    • Acid
    • Pro Tools
    • fuck software, im about hardware
    • you stupid cunt forgot my seqencer

yea ableton is pretty sweet. much easier to use than cubase and you can still use all yer vsts.

wonder how many peeps have bought the software they using?!

I did. my mates laughed about it but for 85€ (upgrade from Logic 6) there was an additional DVD with roughly 1000 instruments for Logics sample player... which are my main toolbox nowadays.

i bought mine too.

i had a look at a demo back in the day and thought it was great. than when i got my first midi controller i used a borrowed version to see if i really like it and than eventually bought it. cost me 480 euro but i wanted a version that would run really stable and not fuck up my pc, and i honestly don't regret it...

I personally think you should buy your software, I'm all for trying shit out on cracks or using them if you're a bit skint but once you've established your tools of choice I think you should pay. People are willing to buy hardware for high prices but stall when it comes to paying for software which easiliy has had the same amount of research, development and work put into creating it and is just as important to your music making experience as any other bit of clobber you own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at people, I'm all for the try before you buy and people who can afford to buy to use a dodgy copy until they can afford it. But if you're willing to spend £500 on a single synth or sampler they why not spend it on the software you use to.

PS, I didn't pay for mine...but I do hope to soon.

I work on a shitty mac pro all day long at work, so the last thing I want to do the same at home. In addition to that I get some kind of ambiance working with hardware only. I've recently acquired a Roland SP 808 which I've been putting to a lot of use and I'm enjoying it a lot. It makes me want to go out and invest into an SP-1200.

I've also got a couple performances coming up in the near future and I'd much rather rock an MPC or sampler on stage alongside my turntables rather than a laptop and a midi controller.

well get offline and get using smoke signals

I wish I could pirate an MPC. Or if they had a program that basically had the exact same sequencer of the MPC2000XL and I could use an MPD16 or something, because then I'm also not limited to 2 MIDI OUT and 2MIDI IN ports like on the 2000XL. Unfortunately, there isn't one that I know of.

Edited by drummy