anyone have a Vestax 08?

Vekked

Thx for the offer, but nah. Good deal on the vestax.

The cheapest I was able to find right now, was something like 730€ = 450£. The thing though being, that it's the white version (eventhough I do kind of dig it).

Oh well I'm not going to decide within the next couple of weeks anyways. I've got to get back to my studying...and this fucking mixer shit has me very, very distracted. Yesterday whilst cutting I was like, damn my mixer is still working perfectly...so why replace? Nah mean? ;) I guess that's the easy way out though...haha. Enjoy the vestax bro...let me knwo what it's like. If you're totally flabergasted and love it like crazy, I may have to trust your verdict...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had 2 vestax's in my time.. and i must say they arent THAT quality.

my headphone jack is about to fall apart.. AGAIN...

and my outputs are always giving me problems.

i havnt bothered to look for a new one just becuase of funds.. but i would go rane.

The 08 is definately back to the quality of what Vestax used to be. I might be wrong but I'm sure they've moved the manufacture of it back away from China into Japan again. It was when they moved the manufacture of their mixers to china that the quality dropped. The OG 05s were rugged as.

If it was a heads up between an 08 and a 909 I would get an 08 every single time. 909s are overly complicated, poorly made and have a really poppy sound imo.

@ Steve - It was actually warped pretty badly. I tried bending it back into shape as you suggested. My other mixer has that problem; with the rubber feet, it's not noticeable at all.

AGI has a white 08 for $609. :o

I was going to grab it a few weeks back, but then again it's -

a). A Vestax.

b). It's white and orange. :|

the irony is unbearable..

but seriously, ill actually buy the transformer switch off you

and one of the fader stems that are not broken

shoot me a price and ill totally do it

i dont have 4 bills to spend on a new mixer ahhahaha

so im offering you your fader stem and a transformer switch

for some money that you can donate to your own new mixer fund

ahahahaha

Edited by CoReX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been using rodec for almost all my live on location and these are proper mixers. I'm a belgian so a rodec is much more commen here then a pioneer or A&H.

Can't comment on the scratchbox though. I've seen rodecs with full glasses of beer spoiled on them... Stuff just works!

Just pointin' out that it is a great company that make great mixers.

GET A SCRATCHBOX....IT SHITS ALL OVER THE 08

i my opinion cut lag adjustments and two effect loops is a huge plus for me.

not having a non-contact fader doesn't really bother me. i've owned a pro-x-fade that needed to be cleaned more than once a week, so having to clean a p&g or a pcv a couple of times a year ain't no problem.

if i was to choose between them i'd pick the 08, unless the scratchbox was cheaper.

vestax will release a firmware update to the 08 in august. a guy on the funkshitup board has gotten his 08 updated by Vestax

http://www.vestaxpro.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4393

imo Vestax should have included an "update" usb port for easy updates, ergo not sending it to a service center to have it updated.

imo Vestax should have included an "update" usb port for easy updates, ergo not sending it to a service center to have it updated.

As nice an idea as that sounds, EEPROM flashing is one of those things you just can't trust the end user not to fuck up.

trusay. my xbox chip has a backup slot for the eeprom that you fill with a working bios and then no matter what happens to fuck it up there's a poweron button sequence that reflashes to it. more things should have those, if they were legit then you wouldn't even have to worry about loading it in the first time

GET A SCRATCHBOX....IT SHITS ALL OVER THE 08

i my opinion cut lag adjustments and two effect loops is a huge plus for me.

not having a non-contact fader doesn't really bother me. i've owned a pro-x-fade that needed to be cleaned more than once a week, so having to clean a p&g or a pcv a couple of times a year ain't no problem.

if i was to choose between them i'd pick the 08, unless the scratchbox was cheaper.

vestax will release a firmware update to the 08 in august. a guy on the funkshitup board has gotten his 08 updated by Vestax

http://www.vestaxpro.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4393

The PMC-08 seems to have the most sound control I have seen in any scratch mixer. You could some ill things with it. My worries with it though are the sound problems that were stated in the Vestax Forums. I am also not a fan of Vestax faders. I always found them to be a bit stiff.

I definitely am sticking with the Rodec Scratchbox, not for the obvious reason ;) but it's such a good piece of kit that hasn't let me down.

I've heard some horror stories about the 08-Pro from a lot of people in my immediate area:

-Adapters burning out

-sound quality issues

-bleeping sounds when the fader cuts in and out (firmware)

-heat issues

-the unit not powering up at all.

The Scratchbox doesn't have any of these issues mentioned above and that is to be expected for a product that is in the same price range of the Vestax 08-Pro.

On top of that all faders have full curve control that can't be touched by any other brand( just ask any owner, they will confirm!!)

I can't believe people would invest in a piece of equipment that has been proven to be faulty the world over.

I want to ask a simple question. Although the 08-Pro has a few more fancy features over the Scratchbox and has a nice shiny layer on the faceplate, why would anyone buy a mixer with so many flaws ? Brand loyalty?

The Scratchbox beats the 08-Pro in the sound department, (all) fader curve adjustment, solid build and plug and play faders such as PnG, Pro X Fade, PCV, infinium, TKD Profade.

Let's face it, the Scratchbox would even beat the 08-Pro in all of the essential features even if the 08-Pro was flawless.

It's going to blow up in the States! Be on the look-out, the list of users is growing.

Edited by Lamont