Which mobile phone to buy?

Steve

The K800i has a joystick.

My bro had representitives from SE come into his work (Orange) to demo the K800 before launch. Apparently every member of staff harranged the SE guy about going back to a joystick on the K800, practically a full on barrage of abuse because the numbe of SE's that come back with joystick faults is even more of an epidemic than you might think. The guy couldn't come up with any decent justification.

if you want a phone that just does the job properly with a decent build quality, its gotta be nokia in my experience. i've had sharp, sony erricson and siemens, and none of the compare

Bullshit. Nokias have more out of box failures than any manufacturer I know of and the keypads are exceptionally prone to an early death

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got a Motorola V3i? The Link in town is doing them for £60 with £10 of call time, which suits me.

I have the Razr (v3c) on Verizon.

The phone itself is nice - but Verizon's user interface is slow. (I haven't upgraded the software yet).

The slim fit makes it fit in my jeans nicely. :)

I'm tempted to get one. How do you upgrade the software? Do you need a data cable to connect the phone to a PC?

Has anyone got a Motorola V3i? The Link in town is doing them for £60 with £10 of call time, which suits me.

Got one sitting on my desk unused. The keypad lights failed, which made texting impossible in the dark, then the microphone started intermittently cutting out.

Before that, I thought it was nice enough because litereally every aspect of the firmware is readily customiseable to your own needs if you're prepared to do a little hacking. Very easy to unlock, debadge and all that stuff. The battery life was just plain awful for a phone that lacks any real features and the bluetooth implementation is just stupid (it's not possible to make is discoverable for more than 10mins at a time IIRC).

Very slim, I guess that's the main selling point. Has anyone noticed that phones are getting slimmer in width and depth, not shorter? This is because we've pretty much reached the minimum height for an effective mobile phone mast. If anyone figures out a way of designing a shorter one that works even 75% as well, patent it ASAP and you will be a millionare overnight.

Oh yeah - can you put memory cards in it and play MP3s?

On the Razr v3c (Verizon's version) - negative on expandable memory - but it does hold mp3's.

On the Moto. Krzr (the next level Razr - el-oh-el) - yes - storage is expandable and can be used for music.

You can also use a BT dongle (about $20.00 USD) to connect your phone to a PC/ Mac.

Link - http://sg.motorola.com/motokrzr/index.html

The battery life was just plain awful

Mine lasted for about 6 hours if you DIDN'T talk on it. If you actually wanted to talk you had about 45 minutes, tops.

You can also use a BT dongle (about $20.00 USD) to connect your phone to a PC/ Mac.

IDK what a BT dongle is (LOL sounds like a black dildo), but all it needs is a mini usb to regular usb cable, just like most standard digital cameras use.

I'm on T mobile FLEXT pay £35 a month get £180 credit every month to spend on calls, texts etc.

They do one for £30 a month and get £90 credit which is loads.

My phone is a Nokia 3250 http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,81163,00.html

If hadn't got this so soon i would've bought the Nokia N73 fo sho

in theory t mobile is a good deal.... in theory.

ive had so many problems with t mobile i wouldnt reccomend them to anyone! im sure you all heard about me getting stung for 500 quid for usng it on the internet. even though they kept sending me txts saying i was 150 quid in credit, they cut me off.

after i finlly paid it all off to the penny (not mentioning the "lost" correspondce letters that let me off some of the debt) the next bill said i was 85 quid in credit! so i didnt pay the next bill. you would then think i would be about 50 quid in credit wouldnt ya... well not quite.

this months bill came in... 3 quid in "additional charges" which is because im not paying by direct debit. thats one to complain about from the start. second point of query - credit entitement = 180, used 25.91 then they have the nerve to charge me 6 fucking pence for making a standard call!!!

what the fuck is that all about?!

in short avoid t mobile like it was nob cancer

IDK what a BT dongle is (LOL sounds like a black dildo), but all it needs is a mini usb to regular usb cable, just like most standard digital cameras use.

if you're a real man you'll get one of these beasts:

I've been meaning to mod my bluetooth headset into a regular phone for a while. I want to get a real old-school heavy phone with a proper steel bell for a sounder. It'll be my desktop bat-phone for taking my mobile and skype calls on

Mobile phones are for fakers. They lack the warmth of analog phones and it's just a cheap shortcut to making real phone calls. Now anyone can make a phone call and think they're a caller. What happened to actually having to dig a number out of a phone book? Keep it real you fake ass bitches.

Giz, can you pull the string a bit tighter at your end? I'm shouting into this yoghurt pot, but you're not fucking replying.

Fuck you man - you haters just don't understand it so don't even speak on it fool. I'll clown you when I come out with my new analog phone. Real heads know.

Giz, can you pull the string a bit tighter at your end? I'm shouting into this yoghurt pot, but you're not fucking replying.

Fuck you man - you haters just don't understand it so don't even speak on it fool. I'll clown you when I come out with my new analog phone. Real heads know.

cockheads...i'd clown on y'all with 2 empty yoghurt pots and a piece of string...weakass niggas