Which mobile phone to buy?

Steve

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sony's are all good as far as phones go .

it depends on what you want from your phone tho , i dont usally care too much about a good cam but as long as it has

a memory card that you can upgrade and a mp3 ,3gp and radio.

motarolas arnt very nice to use .

I use a phone just as a phone really mate, but I figure if I'm gonna upgrade I might as well get one that's half decent.

I'd like to be able to fix the one I've already got. It keeps saying "Card error" as if the SIM's not inserted and sometimes it just switches itself off for no reason. I think there's a loose connection.

thats all god stavros , but like you said you might as well get the most for your money.

i never even had a phone untill last year , i fucking love my phone now and can go out without it.

youll love being able to watch cutting or whatever on your phone whilst on a plaine ride .

I've gone through four SonyEricsson phones so far -all have dies prematurely thanks to the joystick fucking up. Against my best advice, my flatmate just got a K800i. I'll post up in a couple of months when the joystick fails.... otherwise great phones though

that sim card not inserted error..i used to get that because my sim card was so old (used the same one since i 1st got a phone)

ive got the k800i on 02 and havent had any problems with it so far. the screen gets scratched if you leave it in the same pocket as your keys ive found (although suprisingly not as much as i thought it would) its also been in between my car and car door when i slammed the door shut..the camera guard bent a bit but apart from that everything else is in working order. All in all im very happy with the phone and its the best one ive had. I would say a memory card is needed if you are going to play mp3s from it, but if not theres enough memory for a fair few pics.

Sounds good. How much do you pay on o2? I was looking at a deal where the phone is free, then you pay £17.50 a month for 10 months and £35 for the last 2 months and for that you get 400 minutes and 100 texts. That comes to £250, which is less than it costs to buy the phone SIM free without a call plan at most places.

im paying £19/mnth for 300 txts and 75min but it looks like they dont do that naymore..they do a £25/mnth for 150min 750txts or 200min 150txts. and you can get the k800i in silver (+ 3 bond dvds)

https://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/Sony_Ericsson/K800i_Silver

I think I've found the deal I'm gonna go for. It's for a free Motorola K1 KRZR on Orange Canary 30 with 200 any time, any network minutes, 75 texts and 50 off peak Orange to Orange minutes per month. It's £30 a month, but you get 9 months free, so it works out at only £7.50 a month spread over a year. Bargain, considering the phone is £250 to buy. I've just emailed them for clarification of the terms and conditions.

**EDIT**

Bugger. It's an 18 month contract. :(

still not bad though if your only paying 270squid for a 250squid phone + calls n msgs. sound good..still going for it then steve?

Not sure mate. They do another that's £30 a month for 5 months, then £1.99 for the other 7 months (12 month contract). Same amount of minutes and the phone is free. I'm gonna pop into town on Monday and find a store that sells the phone so I can take a look at it before I sign up.

anyone else have a problem where u recieve peoples txts like a week later than they sent it??

i thnk its my sim card cuz i doubt its the handset

i only have a proble with txtxs from my mum. when she sends 1 i recieve it 3 times. but thats only from my ma who is on vodaphone

Has anyone got a Motorola V3i? The Link in town is doing them for £60 with £10 of call time, which suits me.

I have the Razr (v3c) on Verizon.

The phone itself is nice - but Verizon's user interface is slow. (I haven't upgraded the software yet).

The slim fit makes it fit in my jeans nicely. :)