Avg BPM stretch with 8% Pitch...10%...50%

$a!n+

What do you guys see the BPM range differnces is on different tables with different pitch.

For ex.

If you have a 95 BPM record playing a 0% what BPM can we get to pitched all the way up and all the way down?

Surely the BPM stretch is relative to the true BPM of the song. Speeding up a 90bpm song by 1% would lead to a smaller overall increase in bpm than say a 110bpm song with a 1% pitch increase.

So, in conclusion, I'm not sure what you're getting at! Can you explain what you mean a bit more thoroughly dood?

A +8 pitch adjustment on a turntable increases the speed of the platter rotation by 8 revolutions per minute.

So..........if your table is set to 45 at 0 and the BPM of the tune is 95 and you were to set the pitch adjustment to +8 the increase in BPM would be worked out as follows:

(bpm) / (rpm) * (pitch increase)

95 / 45 * 8 = 16.888888888888888888888888888889

So, the BPM of the tune played at +8 is 111.88888888888888888888888888889

I take it that this is what you're getting at Gabe?

pz

A +8 pitch adjustment on a turntable increases the speed of the platter rotation by 8 revolutions per minute.

Not true. that would only be true if your turntable turned at 100rpm at 0% pitch. it speeds it up by 8% of 33.3rpm or 8%of 45rpm.

Not a trick question really. Just wondering how everybody understands and applies the bpm to pitch translation. Helps me and other people underatand better.

The pitch control does not work on an RPM basis - it is purely a % increase in speed. So a 95BPM tune at +8% is therefore running at 95*1.08=102.6 BPM.

word - not that tricky.

the easiest example would be a record with 100 bpm at pitch +/- 0%. so this record will run on 92 bpm at pitch -8% and on 108 bpm at + 8%;

so a record with 50 bpm at pitch +/- 0% would be running on 46 bpm at pitch -8% and on 54 at pitch +8% etc...

i aint gonna figure out 8 or 10% pitch adjustment...

but i always figured a 100 bpm record bumped up 50% speed wise

will equal 200 bpm.

a 100 bpm track pitched down 50% should kick the track at 50 bpm.

50% +/- speed adjustment doubles or halves the bpm.

and all should be able to be mixed together.

i aint gonna figure out 8 or 10% pitch adjustment...

but i always figured a 100 bpm record bumped up 50% speed wise

will equal 200 bpm.

nope, it would be 150bpm

a 100 bpm track pitched down 50% should kick the track at 50 bpm.
yes

50% +/- speed adjustment doubles or halves the bpm.

no it adds or subtracts half of the original bpm

heres the equations to work out how much shift you need

Record1 = a

Record2 = b

(b-a)/a *100

so if you had record1 at 80bpm and record 2 at 75bpm

(70-80)/80*100

= -6.25%

so if record a was already at +4% you would have to move record b pitch down to -2.25%

right i got bored and made a lovely excel spread sheet for you who still dont know whats going on!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8skavc

put the bpm of your first record in the first box and then your pitch range (put 8 in this box if your on technics) then it will calculate the max and min bpm you can get. then on track 2 side put in the bpm of the track your gonna mix and it should calculate how much you have to adjust the pitch.

fin