THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

I should stop lurking...

I'm Will. Started djing in 2001, mainly focused on scratching (mr phantasitk from dstyles/paltalk days). Shifted focus to mixing for a while, went on tour with The Pharcyde for a bit, had a few life changes and lost focus (daughter, work, women). registered here in 2012 to catch up on the times/browse the for sale section. I now have the motivation to cut again, so here I am.

hello.

• Like 1

Hello, Will.

It's good to have you on the boards dude...Welcome,lurk no longer !

I've also gotta say I'm pretty impressed by the fact you've worked with The Pharcyde.

respect is due !

Yo!

Nick here, from Cape Town South Africa :)

Recently got back into cutting after a decade long hiatus.. so I lock myself away and practice everyday, cause I got some catching up to do.. guys are killing it!!

Currently on the sickest musical adventure, finding such dopeness all over the place, and all thanks to online communities like this.

Respect to all you guys! Mental beats, nasty cuts!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How are you guys doing out here? I'm GMSp808guy from the states, shoutout to Dan Swift for introducing me to digitalvertigo from sp-forums! I see this site as a sort of "stepping stone" for me to learn more about new production/deejaying ideas/techniques, as well as discussing some of my ideas/techniques. My first true sampler was the Roland SP-808, in my prior ignorance of differentiating between samplers, grooveboxes, sequencers, and synths, I bought a Roland MC-303 groovebox thinking i'd right away record video game soundtrack music into it, and chop the sounds, pitch them, sequence, etc. only to find out it ain't a sampler! I believe i've come a long way from that foolery haha! ( though now I wish i'd kept the groovebox just to work with it's built in patterns and sounds ). Anyway, my main piece of gear is the SP-808, my favorite part of sampling with it is recording into it using its awesome effects in insert record, and recording directly to one of it's 4 tracks is pretty cool too! I'm happy to be here, looking forward to reading and discussing all the different kinds of stuff posted here!

My regards, Gio.

• Like 2

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Welcome to the boards Pork Skratching, A-Skate & GMSp808guy :8

Make sure you check out and enter the monthly DV beat battle run by the magnificent Mr Rockwell Gio, hope to hear some of your stuff soon :8

• Like 1

Welcome to the boards Pork Skratching, A-Skate & GMSp808guy :8

Make sure you check out and enter the monthly DV beat battle run by the magnificent Mr Rockwell Gio, hope to hear some of your stuff soon :8

Thanks very much! I'll look into the beat battles, i'm still clueless as to how they work!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's up everybody. My name is Benjamin. I am a Turntablist and producer from Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States that goes by the name of Cyrf Styles. I am interested in making music. Collaborating with other artists. And Hopefully forming a group like Birdy Nam Nam. Battling, and scratching. Finger drumming and remixes. Also Jazz and drums where heavy influences of mine from my pops growing up. And the first record I fell in love with was in my moms collection. It was M.J.'s hit album thriller. I was 4 i think. lol Cheers.

• Like 2

What's up everybody. My name is Benjamin. I am a Turntablist and producer from Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States that goes by the name of Cyrf Styles. I am interested in making music. Collaborating with other artists. And Hopefully forming a group like Birdy Nam Nam. Battling, and scratching. Finger drumming and remixes. Also Jazz and drums where heavy influences of mine from my pops growing up. And the first record I fell in love with was in my moms collection. It was M.J.'s hit album thriller. I was 4 i think. lol Cheers.

Welcome man. Feel free to take part in the beat battles here nah mean :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello my name is Jean-Claude / Gkill, I'm 40, I come from France. I scratch since 1998, I'm in hip hop since 1990. I have in my cave, 2 pdx 3000 mk2 with m44.7, pmc 05pro4, Maschine mk2 for the sample , Serato sl2 and Pt 01 scratch. Thank you and see you soon

Edited by Gkill
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

Jeff/zetrik here, I live as hermit/grown ass family man outside Austin, TX USA. Been scratching and making beats and stuff and foolishness and whatnot for many a long year now. I know a few of the real G's on here from the FB and past forums. Not sure why I never made an account till now, but there ya go. Currently trying to put together new skratch music, have been really getting into live skratch/other stuff looping as of late (Thanks aplenty to Darcy D). I got lots of stuff on my Soundcloud page, hopefully will get my video makin game on a bit more in the near future as well. I also make art and look at loads of comic books, manga, and anime. I use a 1st generation Stanton STR8-100 /Ortofon Concorde, Z2 mixer hooked up with Traktor on a MBP along with a couple controllers. I heart real vinyl & also DVS..there's always room for the love.

https://soundcloud.com/zetrik

https://www.youtube.com/zetrik1

and a few sets on

https://www.mixcloud.com/zetrik/

PS haven't been on any forums in a few moons...if I seem old ,weird and out of touch ...well then you're quite perceptive, haha

Edited by zetrik
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Thank you for this wonderful site to share ideas, knowledge and randomness! I look forward to reading, learning and being more inspired to pursue my passion. I am originally from Hawai'i, currently living in the Bay Area and have been appreciating all the aspects of those who d.j. from 1994. Have a great day!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sup peeps! Just joined 10 mins ago. I’ve known about here for about 3-4 years, had the odd gander now and then. Decided to make a profile and probe deeper into the place to try and improve my scratches (I keep hitting walls).

I’m still pure analog, only because I’m broke as fuck, 2 1200MK2’s and a battered Vestax PMC05 (bout 13 years old now). Decent enough vinyl collection. My mixing and scratching is decent to good, really need to improve on my juggling. I hamster it up too, though perhaps orthodox is best?

My favourite skratcher is DJ Flare, my favourite DJ is Vybz Kartel, and my favourite drink is red wine. Mostly listening to UK dubstep and grime lately, and scratch music. Bless up and One Love from Ireland.

• Like 4