.:. THE 2006 DV BATTLE FILES! .:.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its on bitches!

Sigma I could tell your track 1 second into it. Your cuts always have "that" sound. Signature sound. The cuts and the production sound.

track 5 gets my vote... nice tune and nice remix!

im not gonna put a file in for a few reasons, the main one is that i thought i could teach myself ableton in just over a week and not having the ability to actually layer anything over using just my computer. i was getting so frustrated at it, i destroyed one mouse and tempted to annihilate the spare. i hate using stuff that doesnt work the way its supposed to!!!

anyway enough of the excuses, well done chaps, good files all round!

1) Who ever made this like acid for sure. :d Triiiipy.

2) Wicked. Liked the drum cuts. They sounded real fat too.

3) Real funky. l Loved the cuts.

4) Beat was real nice but didn't like how the accapella fit. It was in time an stuff but just sounded awkward. Beat was wicked though.

5) This was real nice. LOve this beat. This is the track I'd buy in the shop but cause of the nature of the comp think I'm gonna vote another as this was mainly just loops and a few chops. Wicked re-edit though.

6) Beat was nice enough but took a little long to go anywhere. I was a bit bored half way in. Saying that when it did shift the edits were nice.

7) Funky. fat. DUUUUKE. HAhaha

8. Funky. Tight. Nice edits.

Between 3 and 8 for me.

I'm stuck.

Guest Ryan

What if someone wanted to change their vote after hearing some of the late entries?

or do the late people just have to deal with it?

it was between 5 and 8 for me. but im kinda bias since the only things i've been listening to for the past month is dilla's donuts and madlib's movie scenes. but 8 really done it for me. flipped the jackson 5. nice. but J5 was alwas funky to me.

What if someone wanted to change their vote after hearing some of the late entries?

or do the late people just have to deal with it?

Yeah, they just gotta deal with it. That's the penalty to pay for being late. :p

all were good, but the standout tracks for me were:

number 2 was full of energy, right up my street.

number 3 was was funky, loving that one

but number 7, hot damn!!! i'mma play this tonight. :)

gotta be 7

Oh and BTW, this time I know if you're using multiple aliases to vote for yourself and if you do that I'll remove your file from the competition without any second chances. I don't wanna sound like a cunt, but these battles are meant as a bit of fun and cheating just spoils it.