Guess whos got DOOM III

Clownstyle

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift

All I'm waiting for is Crucial to deliver my new memory (Crucial Ballistix PC3200 @ 2-2-2-6 timings! Woo hoo!). They don't have any in stock though. :( It's a brand new product. So, this means my new rig is sat there looking at me... just waiting for the memory to be slotted in and the power switch pressed. Bastards! They could have said "Out of stock" on the website when I ordered it (last thursday), then I wouldn't be disappointed and I'd have been expecting to wait a while anyway.

But yeah dood, let us know how it goes tonight. Really looking forward to this game.

:)

Guest Deeswift
I'm sure you've been tempted to just stick in your old RAM in your new rig, just to see what the rest of it's like...

I wish. Man, 256 MB PC133? It won't work, I would have definately tried it if it did! This new rig won't support anything less than PC2100, I think. Also, the MSI K8N Neo Platinum mobo is well fussy when it comes to RAM, so I have no choice mate, I have to wait.

I'm sure you've been tempted to just stick in your old RAM in your new rig, just to see what the rest of it's like...

I wish. Man, 256 MB PC133? It won't work, I would have definately tried it if it did! This new rig won't support anything less than PC2100, I think. Also, the MSI K8N Neo Platinum mobo is well fussy when it comes to RAM, so I have no choice mate, I have to wait.

:)

I hate waiting for shit ordered off the net.

Right now I'm wanting to get a set top DivX player, so it saves me having to wear out my PS2 laser, but the place where I want to order it from won't deliver to my work until my second order, cos they want to confirm my credit card details with my first order. At least I should be thakful this company (eBuyer) *seems* legit enough.

Edited by TheOneandOnly

Guest Deeswift

E-buyer is fine man, I got my 9800 Pro IceQ from there and it arrived real quick. Generally, everything I've ordered over the net has been fast. Mostly bought stuff from www.overclockers.co.uk.

my first post, holla back! mad props on the new DV!

I just played my frist 2 hours of DOOM 3 on my 1.6ghz, 600+RAM, and its really choppy. I dont even have it on fullscreen and running on the lowest quality. its pretty phat tho, hopefully they will come out with a patch or something to make the game run smoother on PCs like mine, or maybe this is a sign that my computer is out of date....uh oh...

Guest Deeswift

Welcome man. :)

I don't think there's likely to be a patch. The minimum recommended spec is a 1.5 Ghz CPU and 384 MB RAM, but this best of a game is happiest with 2GB RAM and an Athlon 64. I'm suprised the minimum spec is actually that low, to be honest. Did the game auto detect the best settings for your system, btw? And what CPU are you using, AMD or Intel?

Here's a useful link:

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0

It details lots of different configurations/setups running DOOM III.

i have intel. geforce4, 656Ram, 1.6ghz.... poooooooooooooooooo

maybe i could just get more ram...

these problems have me thinking of the next halflife.....WOOOT!@

i even made the resolution on my comp 800X600, shit is huge but i mean, the game runs better....

Edited by iexist

Guest Deeswift

Did you disable all unneccessary background sevices, etc? Disable anti-virus software and firewall? (be sure you ain't connected to the net if you do this)... don't over-do the quality settings, etc. Also make sure you have good drivers. nVidia's latest drivers are good.

its pretty choppy tho man, any tips on how to make it run smoover?

Yep.. first see DVKB first to deal with spyware

Then checkout the XP tweaks Dee posted in DVKB.

Then free up some space on your pc and defragment.

If you havent done this already then the game wont run its best.

Also disable any auto scanning antivirus software because you need all the memory you can get!

been playing doom iii since last night, fuckin awesome!

pc specs

Athlon xp 1900+

768 mb pc2100 RAM

360gb hdd space

geforce 4 mx440 64mb

runs well, on low resolution full screen.

BTW, thanks to dee and 2ndhand and others who helped me with my pc trouble. new PSU seems to have done the trick.