My Review Of The EB Pro X Fader

1st up I want to make a disclaimer that my views on this fader will not be altered by the fact that I won it or got it free. Basically I can tell you now that this review is going to be extremely good but it is a genuine 100% honest review.

The first thing you notice when you get the fader is the packaging which is super nice and kind of makes it nice to receive. When you open up not only do you get the fader but also and array of other things. If you are a scratch equipment geek like me this will make you all excited. With the fader you also get a spare fader cap, a cleaning tool, a tool to adjust the cut in time, a tool to adjust the tension and a tube of cailube. The main thing which stands out for me is the attention to detail. You can tell this has been designed specifically and extremely well thought out. It’s things like a spare tension screw hidden in the top of the tension tool and spare cleaning mats hidden in the handle of the cleaning tool that really make you see that EB have goner that step further to give you exactly what you want.

I quickly read the manual to see how to adjust the tension and cut in time but it’s completely straight forward so I got cracking straight away. As I like a really smooth fader I lubed the rails straight away, adjusted the cut in time to very sharp and loosened the tension screw to have a really light feel.

The feel on this fader is nothing short of incredible. It’s like having a lighter more glidey PnG as in it’s still very sturdy. In fact the fader kind of has a similar feel to an unmodded Rane. I know that people always have their own preferences but I really can not see anyone complaining about the feel on this. Usually people who like PnG like the fact that it is really sturdy, People who like focus faders (Fuck knows why) like them because they are really light but the downside is they are really flimsy, people who like the ecler pro faders like the fact they don’t have a clicky feel but they don’t have a good cut in time or much bounce. The PRO X fader takes every positive from this list, does it much better than any of the others and has none of these negatives. (Note.. it is no where near as light as a focus fader btw but is just a lot more glidy and light that PnG, PCV, Alps ect).

The only downside at all was partly my fault and makes no difference to me anyway. In the manual it tells you not to screw the tension screw too far out in case it comes out and you loose it (And to be honest it is so small that you will never find it). I did exactly that and lost the tension screw. As mentioned you do actually get a spare in the handle of the adjustment tool but I had decided I like the fader with no extra tension anyway so have just left the screw out completely. I would imagine that this would be how 99.9% of djs would have it anyway.

Having covered the sick feel this brings me onto the real beauty of this little bad boy. The adjustable cut in time means you can have the fader as sharp as you like. The fader has a pretty much instant on off sound anyway so when you take off the dead space you will have a mega sharp fader. I am running mine at the moment with about 1/2mm cut in time and can safely say that I will no longer be able to go back to using my old faders with the slightly longer cut in times. My weak point with scratching was always crabs. I never used to hit them very fast or clean and with this set as it is I can effortlessly bust super fast clean rows of crabs. I can also do short bursts of super fast transforming (Almost like fader uzis) without missing any clicks.

My summary is that this is without a doubt my favourite fader I have used. I actually had a Rane 56 for a couple of months which had the spring removed from the fader and I do prefer this to that as well. The instant cut in is similar on them but I prefer the feel and glide on this. I know people will be like no way, you can not beat Rane, Rane is the shit, How dare you say that but I’m just honestly calling it like I see it and I prefer to cut with this fader.

Lastly my view before I had this was that when one of my PnGs eventually go I will check this but until then I’ll just stick with them as they did me fine. I can now guarantee that after having this that I would no doubt upgrade even if your PnG is still fine. If you have PCV, Alps, Focus ect do not waste one minute. Scrap those shits and cop this now. I know a fader will not make you a better DJ but the cut in and feel have made (Especially my Faster) cuts sound cleaner and smoother and most of all it is nicer and more enjoyable to scratch on.

As mentioned I know people will think I am swayed to give a better review because I got the fader free in the competition but I can tell you those people will eat there words when they use it. It without a doubt speaks for it’s self.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a quick translation for the birthday boy

1. oben möchte ich einen Verzicht bilden, daß meine Ansichten über diesen Fader nicht durch die Tatsache geändert werden, daß ich sie gewann oder sie frei erhielt. Im Allgemeinen kann ich Ihnen erklären, daß nun da dieser Bericht extrem gut sein wird aber, es ist ein echter 100% ehrlicher Bericht. Die erste Sache beachten Sie, wann Sie den Fader sind das Verpacken erhalten, das Supernettes und Art von Marken es nett zu empfangen ist. Wenn Sie nicht nur erschließen, erhalten Sie den Fader aber auch und Reihe anderer Sachen. Wenn Sie ein Kratzerausrüstung geek sind, wie ich dieses Sie ganz aufgeregt bilde. Mit dem Fader erhalten Sie auch eine Ersatzfaderkappe, ein Reinigung Werkzeug, ein Werkzeug, um den Schnitt in der Zeit, ein Werkzeug zu justieren, die Spannung und einen Schlauch von cailube zu justieren. Die Hauptsache, die heraus für mich steht, ist die Aufmerksamkeit zum Detail. Sie können dieses erklären sind entworfen worden spezifisch und extrem wohlen Gedanken heraus. Es ist Sachen wie eine Ersatzspannung Schraube, die in der Oberseite des Spannung Werkzeugs versteckt wird und die Ersatzreinigung Matten, die im Handgriff der Reinigung versteckt werden, bearbeiten, die Sie wirklich sehen lassen, daß EB goner dieser Schritt haben, weiter, zum Sie genau zu geben, was Sie wünschen. Ich lese schnell das Handbuch, um zu sehen, wie man die Spannung justiert und einzuschneiden setzen Sie Zeit fest, aber sie ist vollständig gerades Vorwärts, also erhielt ich gerade weg knackend. Da ich einen wirklich glatten Fader mag, lubed ich das Schienen gerade weg, justiert dem Schnitt in der Zeit auf sehr scharfes und der Spannung Schraube, wirklich helles fühlen zu haben gelöst. Das Gefühl auf diesem Fader ist nichts kurz von unglaublichem. Es ist wie Haben eines Feuerzeugs mehr glidey png, wie in ihm noch sehr stark ist. Tatsächlich hat die Faderart von ein ähnliches Gefühl zu unmodded Rane. Ich weiß, daß Leute immer ihre eigenen Präferenzen haben, aber ich nicht niemand wirklich sehen kann, über fühlen auf diesem sich zu beschweren. Normalerweise Leute, die wie png die Tatsache mögen, daß sie wirklich stark ist, Leute, die wie Fokus Faders (Bumsen weiß warum), wie sie, weil sie wirklich hell sind, aber das abwärts gerichtete sie sind wirklich schwach ist, Leute, denen wie die ecler Profaders wie die Tatsache sie nicht ein clicky Gefühl haben, aber sie lassen einen guten Schnitt innen nicht Zeit festsetzen oder viel Schlag. Der PROX Fader nimmt jedes Positiv von dieser Liste, tut es viel besser als irgendwelche von den anderen und hat keine dieser Negative. (Anmerkung. er ist kein, wo nahe so hellem wie ein Fokus Fader-BTW aber gerechtes viel mehr glidy und helles dieses png, PCV, Alpen ect ist). Allen einzige abwärts gerichtete an war teils meine Störung und unterscheidet mir kein irgendwie. Im Handbuch erklärt es Ihnen, die Spannung Schraube nicht weit heraus zu schrauben zu, falls es herauskommt und Sie sie lösen (und ehrlich zu sein es ist so klein, daß Sie es nie finden). Ich tat genau den und verlor die Spannung Schraube. Da erwähnt Ihnen wirklich Reserven im Handgriff des Justagewerkzeugs aber erhalten Sie, ich hatte entschieden, daß ich mag, den Fader ohne Extraspannung irgendwie also gerechtes links die Schraube heraus vollständig habe. Ich würde mich vorstellen, daß dieses sein würde, wie 99.9% von djs es irgendwie haben würden. , das kranke Gefühl umfassend, holt dieses mich auf die reale Schönheit dieses kleinen schlechten Jungen. Der justierbare Schnitt setzen innen Zeit Mittel fest, die Sie den scharfen Fader haben können so, wie Sie mögen. Der Fader hat ein hübsches viel sofortiges auf weg von Ton irgendwie so, wenn Sie den ungenutzten Raum entfernen, den Sie einen scharfen Großfader haben. Ich lasse meine im Augenblick mit ungefähr 1/2mm laufen, das eingeschnitten wird, Zeit festsetze und kann sicher sagen, daß ich nicht mehr in der LageBIN, zurück zu dem Verwenden meiner alten Faders mit den etwas längeren Zeiten des Schnittes innen zu gehen. Mein schwacher Punkt mit dem Verkratzen war immer Krabben. Ich pflegte nie, sie zu schlagen sehr schnell, oder sauber und mit diesem Satz, während er ist, kann ich schnelle saubere Superreihen der Krabben effortlessly sprengen. Ich kann Stösse des schnellen Superumwandelns (fast wie Fader uzis) ohne irgendein Klicken zu vermissen auch kurz tun. Meine Zusammenfassung ist, daß dieses zweifellos mein Liebling Fader ist, den ich benutzt habe. Ich hatte wirklich ein Rane 56 für ein Paar der Monate, die den Frühling hatten, der vom Fader entfernt wurde und ich bevorzuge dieses gegenüber dem außerdem. Sofortiger Schnitt ist innen auf ihnen ähnlich, aber ich bevorzuge fühlen und gleite auf diesem. Ich weiß, daß Leute wie keine Weise sind, können Sie nicht Rane schlagen, ist Rane die Scheiße, wie trauen Sie das sagen, aber ich es gerecht bin ehrlich, benennend, wie ich es sehe und ich es vorziehe, mit diesem Fader zu schneiden. Zuletzt war meine Ansicht, bevor ich dieses hatte, daß, wenn eine von meinem PnGs schließlich gehen, ich dieses überprüfe, aber bis dann mich haftet gerade mit ihnen, da sie mich fein taten. Ich kann jetzt garantieren, daß dieses nachher, habend, das ich kein Zweifel Aufsteigen wurde, selbst wenn Ihr png noch fein ist. Wenn Sie PCV, Alpen, Fokus ect haben, vergeuden Sie nicht eine Minute. Rangieren Sie jene Scheiße aus und fangen Sie dieses jetzt. Ich weiß, daß ein Fader Sie ein besseres DJ nicht bildet, aber einschneiden das und Gefühl gebildet zu haben (besonders mein schnelleres) stichhaltiges Reinigungsmittel und Polierer schneidet und am allermeisten es netter und erfreulicher ist, an zu verkratzen. Wie erwähnt ich weiß, Leute denken, ich beeinflußt werde, um einen besseren Bericht zu geben, weil ich den Fader frei in der Konkurrenz erhielt, aber ich Ihnen erklären kann, daß jene Leute dort Wörter essen, wenn sie sie benutzen. Sie zweifellos spricht für sie ist Selbst.

Guest loop skywalker

it sounds to me that this is too good.....i had an ecler and a 56 rane and these faders have really spoilt me..they have advanced me BUT i have just sold my ecler for a technics as i was losing my finger strength....going back to the technics mixer is like starting all over again..i noticed this several times when i have been on other peoples mixers that i cant even crab or anything...i say get your finger strength up as you will pay dearly if you were to say compete in dmc for instance on the poorer tech mixers....just my 2 cents...but this fader does sound fookin wicked tho.

there is a spare torque adjusment screw in the lid of the adjustment tool.

*cough* cleared that one up!

thanks adam, i would say thats pretty much cleared up any doubts about us lot rinsing you lot for cash, ford focus or lexus, its up to you now..

there is a spare torque adjusment screw in the lid of the adjustment tool.

*cough* cleared that one up!

thanks adam, i would say thats pretty much cleared up any doubts about us lot rinsing you lot for cash, ford focus or lexus, its up to you now..

It’s things like a spare tension screw hidden in the top of the tension tool and spare cleaning mats hidden in the handle of the cleaning tool that really make you see that EB have goner that step further to give you exactly what you want.

As mentioned you do actually get a spare in the handle of the adjustment tool but I had decided I like the fader with no extra tension anyway so have just left the screw out completely.

Hehe.

Nah, you are on point though. It is like the difference between a good car or a ferrari.

My P&G's tracks are completely worn out now, no amount of cailube can save them now and I'm too skint to buy one of these...Giz, can you sort me out out on tick ;)