INSIDE TECHNICS 1200

rygon

if you want to extend you lead just desolder the blue and brown wires, then resolder the new cable to.

this is where you can change the braking rate and pitch rate.

just turn the screws to get the desired effect. it maybe best to make a note of were it was in the 1st place just incase you want to revert back to your original settings

supposedly you can get up to 15% pitch range. but you more than likey to get only 10%. a lot of decks come with the pitch range out so if you want it spot on have a go...if not then just leave it..mines out as my 6% is more like 7%

you can also change the position of the zero but i wouldnt bother with that unless you are totally confident in what you are doing as it can mess your decks up kinda bad

i was also looking at the bronze bushing on the spindle. When ppl complain about their platter "wobbling" it may be because the bush has worn down due to the amount of force exerterated. it looks like a simple press on fitting (by press on i mean quite a bit of force) so it may be possible to get replacemnts from somewhere (although i think that technics dont sell them..you have to by the complete spindle unit)

when i had my decks calibrating the pitch was a piece of piss. you can't increase the range of the pitch, but i think you can alter the 0 point so that you can go up higher or down higher. i may be wrong though...

dont fuck with your pitches coz they never go back to factory setting even if you put it in the exact spot it was in to start with.

trust me,i fucked my pitches by turning that dial.

Actually, most of the Techs I've seen came from the factory incorrectly adjusted. Try it out on your strobeoscope -set it to the different calibrations and see wher it is on your pitch control. Most 12's seem to come from the factory adjusted +/-6% these days.

The adjustment is relatively painless to perform, if you remove the sub-platter and replace the platter you can actually adjust the pot through the main platter itself by poking a screwdriver through either one of the two holes in the platter.

On the other hand, you've got a point: if you're happy with how your techs are, then don't dick with 'em.

Pitch adjustments are 100% safe, you can always dial them back using the strobe light as a reference. As well as dialing up to around 14/15%, you can dial down to about 4% which is awesome for super tight blends.

IMO its far more important to have your 2 decks calibrated to each other than to the factory setting or the printed pitch scale.

i bought mine off a freind years ago,

one of them is sweet,but the other seems to drift out and in if the pitch is at 33/3 when you are mixing .

tryed to sort it out by checking the stobes but i think its fucked.

i think my decks are about 13 years old tho so i cant moan too hard .

one of them is sweet,but the other seems to drift out and in if the pitch is at 33/3 when you are mixing .

If its drifting by itself, you need a new pitch slider

a mate of mine by the name of dj freak used to alter his pitch to +and -16% but he was a mad gabba d.j. his never went back right but with gabba you could never tell as the "music" was bollox and hardley listenable to start with.

the DJ Freak? i used to have one of his records. fuck knows where it is now. . think it was called hard of hearing or something

If its drifting by itself, you need a new pitch slider

Hmmmmmmm, I'd disagree with that comment in general. Even fucked pitch controls output a reasonably constant value, 'drifting' isn't really a symptom of a knackered pitch control fader, they tend to 'spike' up or down.

Think of it this way: knackered crossfaders don't increase/decrease your levels slowly without being moved, they cut in and out with travel.

Unless you're doing something mad with your pitch controls, I'd expect the Technics pitch fader to last the entire life of the 'table with zero maintanance. I've actually only ever cleaned mine once or twice, and seen very little improvement for it. Plus they're a pain to get in and out -they can't be accessed from under the sub-platter, so you have to take the base off (about 16 screws or so) before you even think about getting it out.

The only reason I cleaned them out in the first place was to do the centre-lock and pitch dip removal mods