INSIDE TECHNICS 1200

rygon

Hmmmmmmm, I'd disagree with that comment in general. Even fucked pitch controls output a reasonably constant value, 'drifting' isn't really a symptom of a knackered pitch control fader, they tend to 'spike' up or down.

Think of it this way: knackered crossfaders don't increase/decrease your levels slowly without being moved, they cut in and out with travel.

Unless you're doing something mad with your pitch controls, I'd expect the Technics pitch fader to last the entire life of the 'table with zero maintanance. I've actually only ever cleaned mine once or twice, and seen very little improvement for it. Plus they're a pain to get in and out -they can't be accessed from under the sub-platter, so you have to take the base off (about 16 screws or so) before you even think about getting it out.

The only reason I cleaned them out in the first place was to do the centre-lock and pitch dip removal mods

do i need a new pitch then???