Controller One = $1,999 each!

Steve

This is all and good on paper and what not, but I wonder how it really is in a real time live situation. I want to see a demo, a good one.... dammit

Ric will post some video on myspace. At least he talked about it in his blog. The Ruck's MySpace

I think it's dope and will open new doors for scratch music. $2000 is a lot of money and I couldn't afford buying one (at least not easily) but I think it is worth it. Worthier than a QFO for sure. The price will probably drop after a few months anyway.

the QFOs were said to be limited too and the price has dropped considerably since their initial release. You can buy them for less than 900 Euros right now and they were like 1,200 Euros a couple months ago. Aren't there any plans to release a "lo-fi" :(( version of the QFO without EQs?

I was told by Vestax "around £1000". But I was told all sorts of mental prices for the QFO before it settled down. I would wait until you get official info from skratchworx before believing any prices. And certainly don't believe a dealer price until it says "in stock" against it.

but I´d like to know if those vestax guys missed the lectures in target pricing... damn all of their equipment seems too expensive. especially because the scratch market is saturated on a basic level. E.g. the QFO is so overpriced that I doubt they sold more that 0.2 -0.6k... way not enough to pay Q for developing it a couple years.

Edited by monophonic

I'd expect that the target market for the Controller1 is the established and serious scratch artist. Usually these people will buy the latest gear and are committed to it big time. Also these people are likely to be the only ones who have the necessary skills to actually use the Controller1 to it's fullest. It most definitely not aimed at a "normal" scratch DJ (i.e. most of us) looking for an upgrade.

Limited niche market = low production run = high price tag.

I'd expect that the target market for the Controller1 is the established and serious scratch artist. Usually these people will buy the latest gear and are committed to it big time. Also these people are likely to be the only ones who have the necessary skills to actually use the Controller1 to it's fullest. It most definitely not aimed at a "normal" scratch DJ (i.e. most of us) looking for an upgrade.

Limited niche market = low production run = high price tag.

If they dont aim their products for "normal" scratch djs - who else? how many people aint normal scratch djs? 100? 200?

well then they should give up serial production. 200 pcs is something for custom design. for 2000$ they should be able to offer different colors and shit. If they cant I´ll give up my buisiness studies and start an equipment company...

eh not really mixologist. they charge you 110 or whatever dollars for a light that says what pitch youre at and a bend joystick? and they take away the quartz lock button? they should pay me 20 bucks just for takin that out

edit: in reply to mix's pdx 2300 comment

i'm kinda questioning whether this is going to be as practical in actual use as ruck thinks it will be...

like, will it be good for much other than tones and longs samples? not really...

will it effect the pitch of anything but your releases? no...

will your cuts become sloppier because the motor speed is jerking around like crazy? probably...

is it any more than a complex pitch fader, which most of us don't use? not really...

I dunno, at least he's trying I guess, really I guess time will tell if it is practical or not, I mean woody does some sick stuff with the pitch fader, and I guess it'll make that kinda stuff a lot easier...

I wish I could get some of my ideas developed :((

pz!

I thought its more about creating melodies than scratching. Instead of always using others melodys youll have more freedom to create your on.

One time i was at Guitar Center explaing to the sales men why i would rather a pdx. I explained the further pitch range and how it would help my create tracks and melodies, he responed "Why dont you buy a keyboard" i responded "I am not a keyboardist." This would allow me to create based on some of the ideas I have without forcing me onto another instrument. I have a keyboard, it just doesn call my name like a tbale does.