1 1/2 time?

bruxism

I've become fascinated by the idea of doing 1 and half time chirps and flares, but i can't quite get my head around it.

can someone maybe post some audio of 1, 1and a half, and double time chirps and flares, so i can try and workout how the hell to get them.

or any tips on doing them? I just can't get the timing right

cheers

peace out

well, i think of it still as being onbeat, like i imagine it like with single time chirps you move the record back and forth once, with double you move it back and forth twice, and with 1 and half, you move it forward, back, forward.

I just can't wrap my head around it, i always seem to fall into single or double time.

i think it wacks out on me because on the first beat you go f,b,f but obviously on the second beat you have to go b,f,b.

does that make sense?

well, i think of it still as being onbeat, like i imagine it like with single time chirps you move the record back and forth once, with double you move it back and forth twice, and with 1 and half, you move it forward, back, forward.

I just can't wrap my head around it, i always seem to fall into single or double time.

i think it wacks out on me because on the first beat you go f,b,f but obviously on the second beat you have to go b,f,b.

does that make sense?

I think you are just talking about what is known as a triplet in terms of a 4/4 rhymth.

I've become fascinated by the idea of doing 1 and half time chirps and flares, but i can't quite get my head around it.

can someone maybe post some audio of 1, 1and a half, and double time chirps and flares, so i can try and workout how the hell to get them.

or any tips on doing them?  I just can't get the timing right

cheers

peace out

As soon as I get home after work I'll make you videos of single double and 1 1/2 time chirps and flare chirps. I'm a freekin expert at these things. I love them.

Also just completely forget about triplets, being off beat and how many times yuou move it. This will make it harder. These are pretty easy scratches and the best way to leaen is just by ear.

does that make sense?

try accenting the third record movement to make it easier to get your head around..

f,b,f,b,f, b

your describing a 3/4 time record movement, 3 quarter notes per measure..

f,b,f,b,f, b

triplets are basically having 3 notes where there would normally be two.. heres a basic number example of triplets :

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0J2VTNP...KK2U7XF6RN55VDG

1,2,3 are triplets in that example.. its that easy.. 3 for every 2.. alot of scratchers do fast triplets with chirps.. can also be done on just about every other scratch, its just timing

This is something i posted ages ago in the shoutbox. It's just stabs and transforms going from under time ti double. It might help ye. I dunno.

:z <--- Click his face

good files men. Ryan you ooze the funk man.

Here Bruxism. I have broke it down really simple in 2 files.

this first file is split into 4 parts. The same beat stops and starts each time.

part 1 is single time chirps.

Part 2 is double time chirps.

part 3 is 1 1/2 time chirps.

Part 4 is really fast chirps.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KQDDSZ...LH0BSIUSWQSGFTB

This second file is split into 3 parts the same way.

part one is single time flare chirps.

Part 2 is double time flare chirps.

Part 3 is 1 1/2 time flare chirps.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1TNLC5Z...O2045GV02ACMX19

Hope that helps man.

PS. Thanks to Dissonance for the beat.

This is something i posted ages ago in the shoutbox. It's just stabs and transforms going from under time ti double. It might help ye. I dunno.

Ryan man, that is some dope shit right thurrr. Do you cut regular or hamster? I scratch hamster but just can't get the funk with my transforms but my flares/chirps are better. Fook.

Ryan man, that is some dope shit right thurrr. Do you cut regular or hamster? I scratch hamster but just can't get the funk with my transforms but my flares/chirps are better. Fook.

the way its meant to be!