How much of your music collection is hip hop?

Orion Scorpio

Guest Deeswift

Mine is about 3% hip hop.

EDIT: Probably less, come to think of it. 2% maybe. I collect rock, jazz, fusion, prog, etc. Usually it's instrumental stuff, as there's only about 3 singers I can stomach. Corey Glover from Living Colour, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye.

about 5%- i only buy hiphop on vinyl an very rarely do so, i did a lot in my first year djing so i had songs that people my age liked, then stopped when i realised that was pointless. The bulk of my collection is rock, and i have some triphop( bout 2%) and turntablism (5%).

Probs about just over half but it gets less and less every time \I go shopping. Not deliberatly. I just don't sseem tobuy as muchhj hip hop now.

same here. when i buy records these days i do mainly look for ambient/electronica, jazz, skratch related stuff or just old records for sampling. i'd say about 60% of my records are hip hop. the rest is old records to sample from for the major part...

Guest Deeswift

It doesn't have to have meaning, but it's better if it does. Generally people who write music with no meaning make soulless music. Music is a form of expression. Express yourself!

Guest Deeswift
True that! Listening to music with no heart requires no thinking, which isn't always a bad thing. Best example, if you're in a club, are you more interested in hearing in depth music? Or music to get down and funky too?

I don't go to clubs. Haven't done since the 90's, so this isn't an issue for me.

True that! Listening to music with no heart requires no thinking, which isn't always a bad thing. Best example, if you're in a club, are you more interested in hearing in depth music? Or music to get down and funky too?

I don't go to clubs. Haven't done since the 90's, so this isn't an issue for me.

Yeah right. I thought you were an alias of Dean Gafney. The number 1 A List celebrity on the shit west end club scene.