What's everybody working on?

Steve

bugger all at the moment to be honest mate. i used to make a lot of music too.....

i've put a hip hop mix together that i havn't 'released' yet. everytime i go to record it i either fluff part of it, or get interupted. i though of mixing it on computer and scratching the other parts in but that's cheating ain't it? i normally flow a mix straight off the decks....

You could record it into the computer anyway. I used to record mixes straight onto minidisc when I first started and if I made a major fuck up or the record jumped say 45 minutes into it, it would piss me right off having to start again. At least on the PC if that happens you can just go back 30 seconds and carry on.

Also, I installed the Waves bundle that Banano mentioned and you can master your mixes with Sound Forge. I use the L2 plugin to create a "High Res CD Master" and it makes it sound a lot better. I put the torrent in the general downloads section. It's $9,000 worth of audio mastering software! Sound Forge 7a is in there too if you ain't got it, along with Adobe Audition which is the new version of Cool Edit Pro.

yeah i use sound forge 7.0 to record, but i treat my recording as if i'm playing live (cos i'm used to making mix tapes not mix wavs :d) and when i fuck up it pisses me off no end, and i can't concentrate...

i'll get my arse in gear soon...

Multi-Track/Live (combo) Mixtape (CD actually but i am making myself a tape as i do have both in my vehicle) for the girl of my dreams... being a dj and all the only way i can get into her head when she's not in my presence is with my music. dangerous. scary part about the whole thing is rejection but my gut feeling says she digs me!! lol.

..i'll post the file once it's done bitches!!!

...also working on a cut over this beat my boy made a while back... i got 16 bars on that shit already - working on scratch hook - and hopefully my cousin will match my 16 with the same intensity or i will have to delete his life from the track.

will post that as well once it's finished.

a dirty disco mix once my latest purchases arrive from turntablelab. :d  :d  :d

tell me you didnt order records from ttlab...

Edited by David iLL

I got new live band! I'll be posting some files soon. I also been using the RC20XL alot out at the studio. Nothing recorded yet but been using it to jam with other musicians. Work nicely! Takes alot of practice though.

im waiting for my p&g to record a new session....as well as a scratch track i have in mind.

i have 2 tracks about to be in the works.....pretty much downtempo shit...

and still putting a mix together...in my head...

sad thing is...everything im working on is still only a thought....i need to put this shit on wax!

Edited by iexist

well at the moment i aint been on my decks for a mnth now..long huh. just got me new pc so im busy settin that up and rearanging my room. but my next thing is a breakbeat mix.

I love breaks. I'm diong a school dance in a few days, on Saturday to be exact. The school paid me $200.00 today, so

I'm debating on getting a Radio Shack 4-channel mixer for 106.00 (including taxes). Its catalog #32-3008. its got three band roteries on all the channels (which is why I want to get it, and the fact that I ran out of inputs on the Tascam XS-4. Its got two channels, and session input, so my options are limited, I have 2x turntable, 2x CD and 1x laptop which justifies the 4-channels. anyway.) So what are your opinions on it? (i'm only mixing w/it. When I skratch, i'll be using the Tascam s-4)

• 2 weeks later...

im working on actually getting on my decks for a while and practicing, i always mess about trying to make these all scratched tracks, but they always sound sloppy as fook. but i have just finished a mix, ill see if i can get it uploaded somewhere

I love breaks. I'm diong a school dance in a few days, on Saturday to be exact. The school paid me $200.00 today, so

I'm debating on getting a Radio Shack 4-channel mixer for 106.00 (including taxes). Its catalog #32-3008. its got three band roteries on all the channels (which is why I want to get it, and the fact that I ran out of inputs on the Tascam XS-4. Its got two channels, and session input, so my options are limited, I have 2x turntable, 2x CD and 1x laptop which justifies the 4-channels. anyway.) So what are your opinions on it? (i'm only mixing w/it. When I skratch, i'll be using the Tascam s-4)

I'm no expert on mixers, but any DJ equipment Radio Shack puts out can't be all that good. I;m sure you could get something a lot better for a bit more money. And as for the 4 channels, I think it's overkill. You should have both your CD players and your turntables plugged into the same 2 channels, and just select between them with the phono/line switches. That leaves your laptop, so I guess a 3 channel mixer could be the way to go...?

Multi-Track/Live (combo) Mixtape (CD actually but i am making myself a tape as i do have both in my vehicle) for the girl of my dreams... being a dj and all the only way i can get into her head when she's not in my presence is with my music. dangerous. scary part about the whole thing is rejection but my gut feeling says she digs me!! lol.

..i'll post the file once it's done bitches!!!

i finished a section of this one today... i'll get the file up as soon as i get more MB's to host it.

peace

i'm getting loads of music and sounds from everywhere and anywhere then "painting" them together! should be fun!

See above for more details !!! CD should be ready within the next couple of weeks.

52.1 MB (54,666,452 bytes) @ the mo .... Just looking for the maybe another 4/5 tracks ...