Scratches you've never been able to do?

Steve

Stupidest name for a wank sounding scratch has to go to........

Oleonthosis!

http://freespace.virgin.net/dean.janes/vid.../oleonthosis.ra

LOL, where did you find that?

what the complete fck is that ?! not technically, just wat a loser.

i struggle sometimes with super smooth tears when i variate them with like clover tears and other tears, i always just drift off and it starts to sound a tad shit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tripple clicks with the wrist, ive no idea how qbert does them so easy. That cut has me totally lost.

I also dont understand how people can say they cant transform or they find them hard to do. You shouldnt be able to do any cut if you cant transform, it's the key to all scratching IMO

I cant do a double time babys with single time double clicks on top! I want to bad damn it! Soon!

i can kinda do em twiddle, but everytime i try to do em pinch, i dont even get a click in, lol!

Untitled.mp3

That's what it sounds like when I do it. Is that what you're talking about?

The record movement is right but the clicks are off. The clicks should be in pairs close togther. You end up like clicking at different parts of the baby. i'll try and record one are sketch up some notation.

I cant do a double time babys with single time double clicks on top! I want to bad damn it! Soon!

i can kinda do em twiddle, but everytime i try to do em pinch, i dont even get a click in, lol!

Untitled.mp3

That's what it sounds like when I do it. Is that what you're talking about?

The record movement is right but the clicks are off. The clicks should be in pairs close togther. You end up like clicking at different parts of the baby. i'll try and record one are sketch up some notation.

Right I understand you now. I was doing what you said before though, which is regular speed 2 clicks over a double speed baby. It's the same as 2-click orbits, but the record is going twice as fast as normal. You're talking about doing the 2-clicks and then leaving a pause then aren't ya?

Tripple clicks with the wrist, ive no idea how qbert does them so easy. That cut has me totally lost.

I also dont understand how people can say they cant transform or they find them hard to do. You shouldnt be able to do any cut if you cant transform, it's the key to all scratching IMO

very true- i think theyre easy to do- but basically most flares and orbits and stuff like that are variations so theres so much u can learn, theyre not hard to do but theres so much u can practice

i cant do crabs- i use my left hand , my bad hand, on the fader and i have just lertnt twiddles so im half way there

Don't get me wrong, I can transform fine, it's just that compared to say my chirps or stabs they're just at a slightly lower standard.

prisms....

and for some gay reason i can't get my chirp flares going properly at the moment and it's giving me the right arsehole, i can do chirp double clicks, chirp crabs, and all many of other combi's...it's just chrip flares that fuck me off....lol....they just seem to go into transforms after 3 repititions no matter how hard i concentrate...

Guest Mike Reezy

1st slow, then fast.......

all the ones that chile draws. :s :s :s :s :s

working on pitching my uzis up and down (right now I have fast and slow) , gotta get 2 more intermediate speeds in there.

all the ones that chile draws. :s  :s  :s  :s  :s

heh heh hee, they're not real cuts, chile just draws them to amuse himself, he sitting at home with a bong cackling to himself at the thought of all those people in DV land trying to practice something that he made up in an opium induced wonderland............................. ;)

Guest Vekked

haha, well thanks :)

i couldn't get them until i realized my sense of rhythm was a piece of dump for some reason, and like, i relied on the beat to keep time... without a beat, i couldn't keep a rhythm, but i practiced drumming and my other cuts came together and i could double time stuff easier because i actually had a better sense of what double time was...

practice drumming, and 2 click flares on electro, thas what i did...

all the ones that chile draws. :s  :s  :s  :s  :s

heh heh hee, they're not real cuts, chile just draws them to amuse himself, he sitting at home with a bong cackling to himself at the thought of all those people in DV land trying to practice something that he made up in an opium induced wonderland............................. ;)

:(( ahahahhaahahaha

haha, well thanks :)

i couldn't get them until i realized my sense of rhythm was a piece of dump for some reason, and like, i relied on the beat to keep time... without a beat, i couldn't keep a rhythm, but i practiced drumming and my other cuts came together and i could double time stuff easier because i actually had a better sense of what double time was...

practice drumming, and 2 click flares on electro, thas what i did...

im starting to feel like i do my 2 clicks in rhythm

clickin (1,2. 1,2. 1,2. 1,2.) im thinkin maybe my mind is too fixated on being in rhythm rather than just gettin the clicks in but i dunno.. i really cannot do double time worth a shit and single time is big challenge..

i find myself constantly clickin off the tables tryin to go fast but i feel like its a consisten (1,2. 1,2. 1,2. 1,2.)..

i dunno man, i suck @ scratching! i QUIT!

SOMEONE MAKE A NEW TUTORIAL VIDEO!

Guest Vekked

haha, keeping good rhythm is more important than getting the clicks in anyway, it'll come with practice, if you jus try and throw the clicks in random each time, you'll sound like turkman souljah, or a lot of other battle dj's who can't cut

getting double-timed 1 clickers helps too